Just like the Title says I am unable to successfully toggle my WiFi hotspot using an NFC Tag. So I have a NFC tag on my Car keys key chain. I want to use it to Toggle both Wifi Hotspot and Bluetooth. Bluetooth would work but Wifi Hotspot will display "Obtaining IP Address" in my car stereo forever. The strange thing is that it works when I do it manually without the NFC Tag.
Things I tried...
- Writing the NFC Tag with another Phone
- Different NFC Tools (3 different ones)
- Samsung Galaxy Android 6 phone - IT WORKS
- One Plus 3 Android 7 phone - IT WORKS
- Setting a Static IP on my Radio or any other android device I tried - It connects but without internet.
- Only writting a Wifi Hotspot Toggle or even Enable in my NFC tools app
- Resetting my network settings
- some others I dont remember
Can some one with an NFC tag please try doing this. At this point I am pretty sure this is a bug.
I am using Android 7.1.1