Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Smartphone Features Survey [May 4, 2016]

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We are delighted to kick off our second Research Labs project of the week! Although it is not common to have two research projects in such a short period of time, we hope many early access members will take advantage of this opportunity.

This is yet another public survey that you are invited to participate in. This time, the focus is on smartphone features and the survey will take approximately 7 minutes to complete. As a token of appreciation, the first 50 participants who complete this survey will receive 100 Z-community points (The points will be issued within one week of survey closure. Unfortunately, it's a manual process at this time, but rest assured that reward points will be added to the right group of survey participants).

Click below to join:

Smartphone Features Survey | Online Survey Software

We appreciate your time and look forward to your feedback.

Comments

• catman25catman25 Auburn nyPosts: 41

First... *-*..  That was a fun survey

• nicole7nicole7 Decatur, GeorgiaPosts: 3

That was fun and quick.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That kind of made me a little dizzy. So many choices, but yet so many other features that we aren't allowed to know other than the short list of features provided. IMHO, they should have all stated whether or not they have SD card storage capability.
    Obviously the Apple devices wouldn't, but what about the others?
    It is one of the most important options for me, and I had no idea if what I voted for had the option or not.

• bje2525bje2525 Louisiana - USAPosts: 35 ✭✭✭✭

Man lots of choices out there to choose from. With the survey it helped me to see this.

• arzodilarzodil pakistanPosts: 3

answered the survey

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peter,

This is was an excellent survey.

• Completed!

• kimmtabbkimmtabb virginiaPosts: 4

All done

• tajlundtajlund Billings MTPosts: 29

With some of those choices, expandable storage would have changed my vote.

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

Good survey.  I struggled with screen size... I would never purchase a 6" phone, way too big.  Anything larger than 5" is borderline for me. 

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

And I felt like it was missing some features.  Replaceable battery and memory card are very important.  Probably the most.  Then screen size.

• ashleyroggow@gmail.com[email protected] Clatskanie, ORPosts: 2

That was a good survey.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting survey, though I struggled with some of the choices as many had list of many good features, and then at least one deal breaker. brand usually doesn't matter unless it is apple, then there is a strong push to avoid due to the locked down software side of things, and the great lengths they go through to make it as hard as possible to repair/ service the device.

• leternalzlleternalzl New YorkPosts: 30

interesting survey indeed. Some pretty hard choices in there.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That was a fun survey although it was a bit weird you throwing Apple in there. Only because it differs so much from Android. Even with less RAM and a smaller battery it often gets better performance and good battery life. Makes it harder to choose because it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I almost always chose the one with the larger battery. Anything below 3000mAh these days doesn't seem to be enough. Especially with QHD screens, and I generally prefer QHD OLED screens.

• ravenaley14ravenaley14 New yorkPosts: 24 ✭✭✭

Finito

• remusremus RomaniaPosts: 4

Cool survey.

What is important for me at a phone: a max. 5.5 inch screen size, big battery, quick charge and fingerprint reader.

Not to mention that the new Axon 7 seems to be the perfect phone. Can't wait for a detailed review.

PS: this is also my first comment on this platform.

• basedchebasedche United StatesPosts: 34

battery was the main thing for me in the survey

• mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

Great survey; I haven't seen one like this before.

For me, the following were the most important:

1. Android!

2. Battery life

3. Camera (mainly low light performance, but I couldn't really deduct that from the specs list)

4. Price

The rest isn't overly important for me.

• alanquestalanquest KenyaPosts: 106 ✭✭✭

Was about to get picky and say that I definitely won't pick an apple device but saw that they did have some good varieties. But for me the processing power and price point was some of the main features I looked at.

• Awesome survey!

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Peter.

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A big 'thank you' for everyone who participated in this survey! Bonus points have been issued and we look forward to your involvement in future Consumer Lab projects.

This discussion has been closed.