Cricket Update

Just bought this phone and noticed there was an update listed on the cricket website. Waited 1 week for the update to get pushed to my phone and still have yet to receive the update. Contacted ZTE customer care and they said it was the carriers responsibility to push out the updates. Does cricket not push these updates out on a regular base? When do you think the update will be available? Is there somewhere I can go download the update and manually install it?

Thanks,

Joey

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,015 admin

which device in the Grand X line up are you referring to?

• sndjy1986sndjy1986 Anderson, SCPosts: 7

ZTE grand x 4

the most recent update for the Grand X 4 is (version Z956V2.5.19)

Can you confirm which version your device is currently showing?

Z956v1.2.13 is what I have and it refuses to update. Even when I'm

connected to WiFi, with a full battery.

try clearing the storage cache on the device and then power cycling off and back on.

Then you can try once again to force the update manually.

How do you do that?

Is that in the stock recovery?

1.) Settings--> Storage--> Internal Shared Storage-->Cached Data--Clear Cached Data

2.) Power Cycle Device Off & Back On

3.) Settings--> Cricket Software Update

Still no update available.

I think cricket isn't pushing the update.

I will inquire with R&D and get back to you later today to confirm.

I'm told due to the type of server that Cricket uses (runs on AT&T's) please wait 24 hours before checking for updates and then check again after.

The update is still available but the server may have timed out to prevent overload.

Yeah I've been trying every 24 hours for 4 days now

• mixxxkmixxxk PennsylvaniaPosts: 6 ✭✭

im still trying to get an update as well, has anyone had any luck ?

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you still have active coverage with cricket ? Which build do you have currently ?

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018 3:46PM

I used to (technically still do) have a Grand X Max+ (old now I know). I use a Axon 7 currently. I know not all the updates for Cricket were like this, but some were. What I mean is that Cricket deemed that the update was to big to push over the network so you had to download the update manually and push it to the micro SD and then copy to root etc. etc. I noticed the update when looking at the support site for that phone on ZTE's website. When I chatted with Cricket support via online chat, they told me that was the case and helped me with the update.A day or 2 later I was visiting my local Cricket stand alone store here in Atlanta Georgia, and the employees there were telling me that they noticed it as well as their customer's whom were coming in to have the employees there upgrade their phones like crazy.

I believe there was one other upgrade for that phone that was on ZTE's support site before it was pushed by Cricket, but this was a way smaller update, so cricket could push it out between a few days to a week later.

Worst case scenario unless the update is really big like 700 Meg+ etc and that is the reason why Cricket isn't pushing the update or they are just taking their time and you don't want to wait; if available download manually and install with the microsd copying method go ahead. that is how I got updates that again Cricket wouldn't push over the air because they were to big, or I didn't want to wait for Cricket to push the update as they were taking their time while ZTE already had the update on their support site to download for that particular phone.

Just a thought from experience and Cricket. Even though my Axon7 is still on cricket, because it is unlocked, ZTE pushes the phone updates directly and they do that regardless of size. However, if I plan to be away from WI-FI for a decent amount of time and the download was that large, it will give me the usual you should be on WIFI do to download size warning,

Hope this helps.