Why does phone keep rebooting?

Hello all. I had recently purchased a ZTE Blade V8 Pro from Amazon and when it came and I unboxed it, it was exactly what I was looking for.

The only major problem I am having with the phone is that it seems to randomly reboot. Now, I do not use my phone often and this is my phone for family use only, so sometimes it will sit there unused for 2 or 3 days, but as an example today I was in the living room and heard the boot up sound from the other room. It happens at completely random parts of the day and I have actually done a clean wipe of the phone twice. The first time I re-added all the apps I wanted on it, and then the second time I just left it clean without even the Google login, and both times it was doing this.

Does anyone know why it might be doing this or how to stop it?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey ​! Welcome to the ZTE family! Sorry to hear of your issues, I have 2 Blade V8 Pros in my family and they are happy with their purchases! As far as the random reboots, this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening on the V8 series phones.  You have already eliminated the FDR option by resetting the phone so that's good.  Also have eliminated the chance it may have been a rogue app causing the issue.  So I have two questions for you: 1. do you have any sort of case on the phone?  If you do, run without the case for a while and see if the issue persists.  2. Do you have an SD card in the phone? If so, also run without that for a while.

Oh, and some more standard questions:

What is the software build number you are running on?

Who is your carrier?

What SIM slot do you have your SIM card in?

Thanks!

• drcorasdrcoras Mesa, AZPosts: 3

Thanks for the quick response!

I currently do not have any SIM card in the phone at all, but my normal carrier is usually Tmobile. The phone is still rebooting with no sim.

I never put an SD card in at any point so that's not it. I was using the official ZTE case for the phone, but it has been removed as of your suggestion. Unfortunately, it did reboot after the case was removed, so that can't be it.

I am at work so I don't have the phone in front of me to check the build but I think it was build 19.

Let me also add that the phone is outstanding outside of the issue, I love it and am very happy with it except for the rebooting issue.

Thanks!

Once you get to the phone again let us know what build you are on.  Thanks!

• drcorasdrcoras Mesa, AZPosts: 3

Hello again sir! I have the build number.

It is Z978V1.0.0B19

And with the case off and no sim card it has restarted 3 times in the last 8 hours.

​, The only other thing I can think of besides hardware is a rogue app.  If you have the energy to perform another FDR, let it run after the FDR without installing any apps.  If there are no issues, slowly add one app at a time to determine which app is causing the issues.  If there are issues after an FDR and no apps are installed, then it may be time to reach out to support:

ZTE Blade V8 Pro  thien click "support"

or

CONTACT SUPPORT

If you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.

Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
    Hotline Hours: Monday-Sunday 8am - 9pm (CST)
    Live Chat
    Email ZTE
  • RachelEvansRachelEvans United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

These are helpful in ensuring that the hardware is not damaged:

Erase Partition Cache: Turn off the phone > Press and hold the "Volume Up, Home, Power" button > Release the power button while the phone is vibrating, but keep the other two buttons pressed until the Android System Recovery screen > Use Volume button appears Check "Erase Cache Partition" and confirm with the power button > Wait for the automatic restart to complete.

In addition, update or reinstall Android firmware and enter recovery mode to remove conflicting applications. This method of factory reset can also solve the problem of phone keep rebooting.