Axon 7 randomly goes split screen, minimizes apps, right touch screen button doesn't work, lights up

This started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I've had the phone for about 3 months now with no issues (honestly didn't even know it could go split screen). Customer support had me wipe some data from a previous build in case it somehow wasn't done during an update. This happens very randomly maybe once or twice a day. So, while not a huge issue, it is pretty annoying. I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues and what they did to resolve them.

Answers

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to reproduce this behavior with the youtube app.

Seems like it may be a bug, I will pass my data along to see if the developers can find the cause of the issue and fix it.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen this but, could you perhaps be holding the multitask button too long by mistake and triggering the split screen mode? 

• Awesome. Thanks so much! I've uninstalled it and I'll see how the phone works for the next few days. Interestingly, it's already noticeably faster, so keeping my fingers crossed.

• Nah. This will happen even when I'm not holding the phone (set my phone down once to put my socks on and it just happened while it was sitting on my bed :/)

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue you were having, I I thought it was an issue of one app getting minimized while in split screen. with my testing having youtube in the top window, caused chrome to be hidden when I attempted to move the divider to reduce the height of the youtube window.

I missed the point where you said it went into split screen mode on its own.

I have not had that issue.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds like it could be a hardware issue with the multitask button. If it continues to happen, it may be time to take advantage of warranty.