Dropped phone ideas?

jonnjonzznjonnjonzzn United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

I was making a phone call and right as I put it up to my ear I dropped it.  Amazingly after falling nearly six feet it hit flat.  Not sure whether front or back side.

I now have no display and every approximately 15 seconds the phone vibrates briefly and the red light below and to left of front camera lights for a couple of seconds. Sucks. Darn thing's only a couple of months old and I was enjoying using it.

No combination or duration of button pressing has done anything.  Anybody have a miracle solution or best way to proceed with repair if even worth it.

Thank you.

Michael

Answers

• Your axon 7 includes a two-year warranty for accidental damages you just pay $80 and it was send you a brand new phone it's unlimited accidental and water damage claims for two years as well as manufacturer defects

• jonnjonzznjonnjonzzn United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Oh, good deal. And yes, now I remember reading that.  Thank you.

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The OLED panel isn't mounted with much protection.  It shatters if the phone is dropped flat and it costs $79 to fix.

• jonnjonzznjonnjonzzn United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

The screen itself is fine.  No cracks at all.  I thought that was rather impressive actually.  The phone just isn't working anymore. :-(

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Rotate the phone slowly under direct sunlight while watching the edges.  You'll probably see a faint hairline crack or a distortion in the rainbow patterns.  If not, try returning the phone.  Most stores have a dumb crack=abuse policy.  Might as well exploit that to your advantage since they've been screwing everybody who had something crack without abuse.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Time to use your damage warranty. 2 year coverage!!