Axon 7 Ability to set separate contact notification tones

I have found how to set individual ring tones for contacts, but not individual/personalized text notification tones for contacts. ie:each contacts with their unique tone.

RING TONES don't matter because my life is texting, and strangely this is a deal breaker for me.  (tones from Zedge for example, not wimpy phone tones)

I had this on my iPhones, M7 and my Note 4.

Anybody smarter than me on this?

As an aside, I had an Axon 7 for a little over 24 hours. it went into some kind of lock screen loop that even a factory reset wouldn't resolve. Returned it and haven't got another one because of this text tone issue. I know  I'm weird.....

ANY help on this?  I loved the phone and especially the speakers!!

Answers

• gentlemusergentlemuser DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

Not much traffic here I guess....

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I too have found that issue. 

I already reported it.  Are you importing from already downloaded ringtones?

I was and it did not allow me to set them. 

Only work around for now and its a pain.  Download app Zedge and apply them individually. 

Somehow the app allows it to do that. 

I am still looking for an easier workaround and hoping the next update has the fix. 

Thanks for the reply!  I did not try downloading to contact straight from Zedge, but that is where most of mine are from.

Hmmmm, so you're telling me there's a chance!     

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes sir that is how I got it to work for me. 

Ok, just ordered an Axon 7 from Best Buy. Due Monday the 31st so it says.  Will give this phone a 2nd try and it is mostly due to the moderator forum participation. And of course the speakers..... 

• Appa69Appa69 United StatesPosts: 46 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting for this too... I tried zedge and it only changed the ring tone, not text...

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I saw your username around here before . Welcome back!

Interesting With Zedge I am able to set either one. 

Try an app called Mood.

Has some nice features. 

• Appa69Appa69 United StatesPosts: 46 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I'll keep trying, but I would still like to see it natively. It was nice to know if a message needed to be addressed right away or if it could wait without looking.

• I just rechecked zedge to make sure I wasn't crazy, and I do not have that option. I only have the option to change specific contact ringtones, and the whole phone notification tone. But no specific contact notification.... Bummer

• marcwool1marcwool1 CanadaPosts: 117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't use the built-in texting app, use Textra.

It's the best on the market and you can set individual text notification tones for each contact. 

Been using Textra for about 8 months now.  Will never use anything else!!

They also have terrific technical support if you have an issue.

• I saw you had posted that before, so I figured I'd try it. It's pretty great so far! Thanks for the recommendation! Have a great day!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Textra is still my favorite SMS app. Use it on all of my devices.