AT&T Homebase Z700z, Z700a antenna

The Z700 is working great for me as a home internet source, but I would like to optimize my signal and data speed.

I was hoping to avoid the cost of signal booster and just connect an antenna to the unit to see if the signal strength improves.

Is there a schematic anywhere or an access point on the box to the antenna in the Z700 unit? 

I can't find an obvious location.  There are some open areas that look like probe access, but nothing to connect an external antenna,

Has anyone done anything like this?  I would would rather spend $50 for a Yagi antenna and coax while leaving the amplifier out of the equation.

Answers

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

​ Welcome to the community, since this is carrier equipment there is little to no info we could assist with on this device. You would need to reach out to AT&T for further information please.

• quickcommquickcomm US IndianaPosts: 2

Does ZTE not manufacture and/or design this piece of equipment?

I would be shocked if AT&T did or if they have any detailed information.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,813 admin

ZTE did in fact design this piece of equipment however we cannot assist with modifying the device in any way due to the agreements that we have with the carrier.

• tekuhntekuhn Posts: 1
    edited July 7, 2017 1:04PM

I find some message board activity on this device with some suggesting those are external antenna connectors. however, there is no agreement on what type of connectors they are.