The Customer Experience

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me?  Or is it everyone, who gets discouraged with having to wait for updates?
Well for us here and our Axons, we wait and then we receive the update Over The Air (OTA). This is great as everything is updated auto-magically.  Yeah there are a few times it can get daunting and irritating, but for the most part the only frustration is waiting for it to update Android.  You know the updating 12 of 172 apps.  LOL!  Well get a load of what a competitor does to its customers.
Here is an excerpt with some details omitted for obvious reasons.

"Dear owners of these phones,

You have waited for it and it finally happened. Update to Android 6.0 has been released! Unfortunately, right now there is only a Flash Tools version available for downloading.  OTA version will be available significantly later due to incompatibility of 32 bit and 64 bit software. We are apologizing for the inconvenience and will try to release it ASAP.  Next week we will release text and video tutorials that will help you to easily update your phone. You can download an update via a link (omitted).(Though we have made our best to perfect the software, we know there will still be some minor drawbacks, so you are welcomed to give your feedback through our customer service which will be very helpful to our engineers.) 

We are reminding older model users that the next updates are coming for your phones as well."

I don't know about you all, but I went through this last year with a phone and it wasn't as easy as stated updating it.  It took a lot of trial and error to get it to finally work on Lollipop 5.0 and that was the last update for that model.They quickly end of lifed it and progressed to the next best model with new MediaTek CPU.  Although, I did learn a great deal, this was certainly not a great customer experience and I quickly started looking for an alternative, although the device was actually pretty darn good once this obstacle was circumvented.

Yet, going back to what was said, "right now there is only a Flash Tools version available for downloading", "due to incompatibility of 32 bit and 64 bit software.", "Next week we will release text and video tutorial" and "we know there will still be some minor drawbacks" This really makes it feel like these customers are jumping through hoops getting something they paid good money for to work properly.  from the outside looking in, it almost seems like the mainstream consumer is the alpha/ beta tester. 

Let me know your thoughts and I thank you for reading my posts.

Comments