23 retail stores opening by ZTE this Year

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE is planning to open 23 retail stores in China and Europe this year in a bid to increase smartphone sales and improve brand awareness.

The new Axon 7 flagship launch has sparked suggestions of opening 20 stores  based in China with additional stores in Mexico, Russia and Germany.

ZTE shipped 53 million units last year and is hoping to increase this to 70 million this year. In the last quarter, ZTE was ranked sixth with 3.4 percent of global smartphone shipments. It is hoping that duplicating Apple’s retail store model to sell products, will be the catalyst for the improvements.  Releasing products like the Axon 7 will certainly help the company’s goals and attainments.

zte-axon-2r.jpg

ZTE introduced the Axon 7 in China  a couple of days ago and brings with it a high end device specification list at a lower end price than the competitors abroad which include the Galaxy S7, LG G5 and HTC 10. The Axon 7 is equipped with Quad HD display, the latest Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB or 6GB of RAM, and is expected to sell for no more than $500.

Adam Zeng, Chief Executive Officer of ZTE’s Mobile devices, was commenting: “The stores will help us lift brand awareness while spurring sales in the areas we value the most.”

ZTE, unfortunately has no plans to launch a retail store in the US or other European countries at the moment. Hopefully with a successful launch of its new stores, the company may launch further stores in other markets around the world. The Axon 7 itself is launching in the US next month and could help bring awareness of ZTE ahead of any development plans stateside.

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Saw that post on other tech website about them opening stores, sadly no stores in the US but then most Chinese brand (Xiaomi, LeEco, OPPO, etc.) do not have a physical store in the US yet. Would love to see a physical store for ZTE.

Definitely having stores would get more awareness, but with a good collaboration or marketing, I believe ZTE can get some more awareness in the US!

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

no UK store but progress is progress

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,985 admin

One of the ideas that the moderation team has been trying to push up the ladder is the concept of "POP UP'' stores across the US. What do you think of this idea?

Not a bad idea, I've seen some "pop up" stores by Samsung, HTC, Amazon, and Nintendo at malls (Westfield Valley Fair to be specific in Santa Clara, CA). Those "pop up" stores is usually a hit or miss though. Samsung, Amazon, and Nintendo had a lot of people at their little booth/stand in the middle of the mall whereas HTC had little amount of people. But the importance of a "pop up" store is to get the consumers attention and the awareness of the brand which it seems to be successful in some cases.

Have to keep in mind if you want to do "pop up" stores, it should be in a populated area (major cities). I remember Nextbit rented a place somewhere in SF for a "pop up" place to show off the latest device last year and provided the fans with some freebies (I didn't go since SF is 2 hours away lol) but heard the little gifts were nice and they had a lot of people attended.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,985 admin

Excellent feedback! Thanks!

No problem, glad to be able to provide valuable feedback to ZTE. Hoping the best for ZTE to be able to expand and get more awareness in the US. Definitely have a fan right here.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

It would be great to see pop up stores here in the US at the very least. Or feel free to make a large shipment to me, and I will sell, distribute, test them all lol, maybe I'm not the right person j/k

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It would be really cool to see some stand alone stores in the USA.
    This method of sales isn't very popular in the US though. Usually we have the carrier stores, but not branded stores for mobile tech. All the OEMs are in cahoots with the carriers to lock phones and make more money with bloatware,
    which of course everyone hates, but they buy them anyway since the carrier offers them lower than retail prices on phones.
    Again though it would be neat to be able to walk into a ZTE store and be able to test out all their devices.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

I hope they open in Africa and Asia