USB C but you only have micro USB

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I recently ran into an issue where I have a USB micro flash drive where I store my preferred ringtones and notifications.

A friend of mine asked if he could borrow it to use some of the ringtones I saved for his configuration.  I had totally forgotten his phone was USB C.  Well he could copy files over so he had to do it the hard way via the app and search for the ringtones.

I thought to myself is there a device that can adapt to this type of connection from micro to USB C?

Well after a little digging and searching I believe I found something that we may wish to get just in case we encounter such a situation.

Amazon.com_TechMatte_USB-C_to_Micro_USB_Adapter_Convert_Connector_for_HTC_10,_LG_G5,_Nexus_5X,_Nexus_6P,_OnePlus_2_with_56k_Resistor;_Approved_to_Meet_USB_Type-C_Standard_(2-Pack,_Black)_Computers_&_Accessories_-_2016-05-12_18.05.46.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/TechMatte-Connector-Resistor-Approved-Standard/dp/B0151RKYBG

I hope this is useful for everyone.

Comments