New phone choices

werbenmanjensenwerbenmanjensen california, usaPosts: 7

I find myself in a dilema my current phone's battery is terrible now it can barely hold a charge if i try to multi task it just plain dies on me. I've been holding out for the axon 7 but recently there have been some good competitors around. The oneplus 3, the new moto z, the mi5, leeco and zenfone these are all compelling choices for my next phone. I listen to music alot on phone which is why i found myself so drawn to the axon. If the axon gets delayed a bit i might have to make an early decision. Does anyone have any precious experience with the other manufacturers? Also where do you think the axon will stack up in terms of performance?

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,615 mod

​ Hello,I think the Axon 7 is going to be amazing in all aspects, but of course that is my opinion. I have had extremely bad customer support issues, concerning warranty on Asus products, and will not purchase their brand again. I'd wait a little longer for the Axon 7, it comes with an amazing warranty program, which you can check out over here ,and then you also have even more reason to stick around here, with us all in the ZTE community. You, of course are welcome here regardless of which phone you choose

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I second the Asus warranty nightmare.  After the worst customer service experience I have ever had, when trying to get warranty repair on my Asus Zenwatch, I swore never to buy another one of their products.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

What kind of phone do you have? The battery to replace shouldn't cost more than $20 but would likely be cheaper, maybe try getting a new battery to hold you over till the axon 7 comes out?

• werbenmanjensenwerbenmanjensen california, usaPosts: 7

i have a nexus 5 it has a sealed battery so no option for replacement.

Actually, if you are confident with your hands at all, the nexus 5's battery is quite easy to replace, I've done a few of them.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think it looks like the best phone on paper.

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with everyone here. If you can stretch out your phone until the A7 comes out, I would. Save yourself a headache and don't buy from Asus. If you absolutely cannot wait for the A7, I would go with the OnePlus 3 or the Moto Z.

What she said

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Moto Z won't be available for a quite a while.. Sometime in the next few months for Verzion only and then a few months after that for everyone else.

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, I see. I would hold out for A7 or OP3 if you can't wait