Xiaomi competing with Apple

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Xiaomi, has already shown that it can do more than be a mobile phone maker with its line of home appliances and outdoor methods of transportation. As of Tuesday, the company is looking to go premium. it just may start with a $600 phone, far from its mid-range bread-and-butter smartphone lineup.

From a posted comment, the company is increasingly searching for methods to be a competitor with Apple. “When you look at … the prices of our products, they have been going up,” he said, speaking at Xiaomi’s Mi Home experience center in Hong Kong. “Our customers are demanding premium products from us, so we are delivering higher quality [smartphones] with more premium components.”

Xiaomi is looking toward a different strategy. Instead of competing with the ever saturated bottom and mid line product lines.

Hopefully a rise in prices should be accompanied by a rise in quality. Xiaomi continues to show off its offerings of products, a bigger, better, more expensive smartphone may just be another way to expand its market.

iOS devices can get mundane and boring.  So if you don’t mind spending a little more on your phone, you may wish to purchase one of these new Xiaomi  phones from its upcoming premium lineup.

xiaomi-mi-note-pro-best_-640x0.jpg

on a side note this was also posted:

Coming this summer, the company’s newest flagship will feature three variants — a standard version with a 1080p display and a premium version with a 2K curved display, the latter coming with 64GB or 128GB options.

The higher end models will feature a 5.7-inch curved display and a rear dual-camera at 12 megapixels each. The lower end version with 4GB RAM will have one 16MP camera on the back — that means no dual-camera, but the resolution will be a bit higher.

Here’s a better breakdown of the varying specs on the three device options:

• 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, 1080p display
  • 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, 2K curved display
  • 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, 2K curved display

The top model is rumored to come with a “Force Touch” feature, which is essentially a re-branded version of the technology that is expected to come in the next Nexus phone from Google, as well as 3D Touch, which came with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s Plus.

Directly competing with Apple. 

Although these look very interesting.  I feel I will be sticking with the Axon 7.

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They will not compete with Apple unless they come to the States to take on Apple.  Sure Apple is worldwide, but if you want to take them on, it has to be on their home turf.  Until then, They are taking on every phone manufacture at once. Also, to make it a "apples to apples" (get it?) comparison, Apple should also be allowed to sell devices in India. 

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help myself.  Apples to oranges.  ;-) but very good point.