Axon 7 Arriving Stateside

Comments

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

Ok, you may want to proof-read that spec page then.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get this.  Yes, yes, I get personal preference, but what advantage does disabling them give you?  Essentially you're taking a bezel that actually ends up with a useful purpose and turning it in to dead space and in exchange reducing the usable space of the screen.  Can you help me understand?

I should say, I'm going to wait for the color, but I pre-ordered today. 

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've already addressed this in several threads on here. Also, yes personal preference. I do not like them at all vs. on-screen. They are fugly.

I like what I like, everyone else likes what they like.. I'll spend my money where I see fit. It's a pretty simple concept.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

The on-screen buttons can be modified. For instance, one can place the keyboard selector button there instead of the notification area. The little three-dot overflow menu can be placed there for legacy apps that still expect a menu button.  Plus the fact that you just grow very used to buttons being at the bottom of the screen and it becomes harder to use the bezel for the same functions.

Now, I'm not at 02busa's level on this, I'll get it anyway, but I would prefer to use on-screen buttons over the capacitive buttons on the bezel, and it would be nice if the capacitive ones disappear pretty well when disabled.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

at a lower price, none can beat the axon 7

• kamkam Columbus, OHPosts: 26

​...So I'd like to pre-order, and get the free Clear View Folio Case, but Verizon/CDMA???

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Coming soon to a build near you.

As we'll discuss on the webinar tonight, capacitive buttons were a huge beta feedback topic and caused us to rethink our production units. We do have a large batch of non-capacitive button Axon 7 devices that we haven't decided what to do with at this time, but will inform our community FIRST with any news.

We will address this on the webinar tonight. Be sure to join!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Now I LOVE the sound of this! 

That will be unfortunate to miss out on the first 500 to pre-order get the case.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the capacitive.  Gives purpose to the black bar bezel.  And I'm just used to them anyway.  This proves ZTE listened to the Community and actually did make changes to try and improve the product for the US!

I appreciate the feedback. I'm not going to be able to make the webinar tonight, as I have plans with family coming in from out of state. I'd be interested in a non-capacitive keys model, but software updates would be a concern going forward with one of those as I'm sure they would probably be an abandoned prospect software wise. As you can probably tell, I'm the Nexus type.. I'll stay tuned for any updates though.

• Sorry, but I'm confused by the conflicting reports on the RAM; is it 4GB or 6GB for the USA version please?  Thanks.

The specs page clearly shows 4GB: Axon 7 - America's Premier HiFi Smartphone

• Holding out on the preorder for the same reasons. #1 being bootloader! Quartz grey is available at Best Buy though.

Best Buy ship date is 8/16.  No different.

I don't blame you.. I might be next gen Nexus or OP3 bound.

• Wasn't this phone supposed to have 6GB of RAM?

Not in the US

• OK, thanks.  I'll be sticking with my OP2 for the time being then.  Enjoy the new phone all...looks great!

The US is getting one of the two models.

There have always been a 4/64 and a 6/128 model.  The US isn't getting a watered-down model, right now, it's just getting one of the models.

• kt01kt01 USAPosts: 22

petershih ....is Axon Passport 2.0 warranty program valid even if ordered through bestbuy, newegg or Amazon? or Do we need to order only through ZTEUSA?

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,414 admin

Yes, as long as it is purchased in the US.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Can the coupon code be used in any of the pre-order sites or only ZTE website? What about the case?

• arjunsarjuns Charlotte, NCPosts: 112

Hello petershih, my understanding the US version of A7 is coming with Stock OS instead of MiFavor OS?

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,414 admin

The coupon and free case for the first 500 pre-orders can only be used on the zteusa website.  The order page is here: Axon 7

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

EU getting burned on the price then $475 here...