Anyone Upgrade To The ZMAX 2 - What Are Your Impressions

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 3,593 admin

Has anyone that has had the original ZMAX upgrade to the ZMAX 2? What are your impressions? How does it stack up against the original ZMAX?

Comments

• coinmanmatcoinmanmat Detroit MIPosts: 3

I just recently picked up a Z Max 2. I got it from Wal-Mart for an amazing price ($50). I have to say this is one of the best phones I have ever used and it offers an incredible value for the price. I mean find me another phone that offers 16GB of internal memory, 2GB of RAM and a decent camera and costs less than $100. Your not gonna find another one. The battery life is amazing on the phone too. I can get 10+ hours of usage on a battery charge.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Awesome! have you had the original zmax before? was just curious as to how it compares?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,593 admin

I am very familiar with it. The ZMAX is where it all started for me!

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,263 admin

I would listen to ​ he runs the largest ZMAX Google+ community out there!!

After a year of owning it my favorite part is still the battery life! That and the not massive dent in my wallet. Never actually played around with a zmax 2 yet though.

The ZMAX 2 wasn't the upgrade I thought it would be. It's still a very good midrange phablet, but the original ZMAX is still superior in every way. Aside from not having Lollipop the ZMAX on KitKat runs incredibly well. We'll have to keep a close eye on what's next in the ZMAX line up for 2016.

Thanks for the mention !

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have not tried it but it looks like the best low priced phone out there.

• I purchased the zmax 2 for my daughter after lg started to bootloop.  It feels good in the hand, and it has lollipop.  Dont know much else since I'm not the user if it.  They are being clearanced everywhere.  Last I saw was $69.99.  Perhaps making room for maxpro

Picked mine up last week for 59.99. It's a bigger steal than bernie madoff. Okay maybe not that big but still.

• To sshasan.  Please tell me why I can only find countless leads that show Samsung phones working with android auto.  I don't like Samsung, I would like to stick with zte.  Can you tell me why zte doesnt interface with android auto.  I'm speaking zte phones running lollipop.

I don't have any experience with Android Auto myself. Hopefully, another community member can chime in. If I get the chance to try it out, I will report back.

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Where are you seeing that ZTE phones won't work with Android Auto.  I don't have Android Auto in my car, but a friend that has the Axon does in his car (A hyundai) and his phone interfaces fine.  You have to download the interface app (Android Auto​) and it should work.

• That's good news.  We tried several times with max 2,running lollipop, as well as a rooted zmax running an unofficial lollipop. Neither interfaced with the android auto in the new Kia.  The app didn't recognize either phone. I'm now looking for a zte axon.  Thank you.

I'll ask him if he's done anything unnatural to the phone (rooting, etc).  Let you know what I hear back.

Just talked to my buddy.. He basically said that AA is very flaky.  He doesn't know if it's the phone's fault or the fault of AA.  He has tried his phone in 3 cars with AA and the only one he got it working in was the new Hyundai Elantra that I saw it in.  He said he had to try 5 different cables to get it working and the only one it works consistently with is a 3ft cable he got from monoprice.  With other cables he either would just get "Error" or it would appear to start working and then freeze up.

He couldn't remember both of the cars it didn't work in, but he did say one was a car that had been upgraded with a Pioneer 8100nex.  Apparently he recently bought an international variant of the Galaxy S7 Edge, and couldn't get it working in his car at all and ended up returning it and sticking with the Axon.  So, it appears that right now with AA, YMMV.