Project CSX Update

jyeejyee VP, Product Marketing & StrategySan Francisco, CA Posts: 129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We are one week into Project CSX and thanks to all of you, we've received hundreds of submissions for the next great mobile device. Keep them coming.  We love hearing about your ideas.  Submit your idea (make sure you are logged into Z-Community first), or just browse the latest ideas and help vote.

Please remember the spirit of this competition.  It's a chance for your voice to be heard, for your vision to be realized and for the world to recognize that the best ideas can come from anyone.  All it takes is an innovative spirit.  ZTE will build your idea and bring it to fruition if the world agrees with you and votes your idea to the top. 

That being said, there's a few things that we've learned in the first week that can be shared with you.  Well over half of the entries so far have been ideas for smartphones.  Furthermore, many of the ideas are specifications for smartphones for next year's chip, and maybe an upgraded sensor or two.  If that's what everyone wants ZTE to build, we'll build it.  CSX is your project.  But, we'd like to challenge all of you to get more creative.  This is your opportunity to think about what's next for mobile - in the home, in the car, at work or anywhere.

It doesn't have to be a phone.  In fact, we'd prefer that we have something unique and innovative at the end of this project and not something that we'd likely be working on anyway.  So grab a beer, or a glass of wine, sit down and brainstorm (that's how I do it... maybe it will work for you too).  You have until August 31 to get your ideas submitted for this phase of Project CSX.  Good luck!

timeline-graphic-csx1.jpg

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sort of wish that CSX was separated into 2 categories, 1 for smartphones related entries and 1 for others (cameras, smart watches, etc.), so that it's easier to sort through entries that might not be smartphones. But in the end, it is one grand prize/concept... Would be cool if the CSX product consist of a smartphone winner and an non-smartphone related entry.

• jyeejyee VP, Product Marketing & Strategy San Francisco, CA Posts: 129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great thought.  It's too late this time for CSX since the rules have already been established and we can't change the rules now, otherwise it would be unfair.  However, if we do CSX again, that might be the way to go.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

I don't see why if there aren't two solid entires that ZTE couldn't do both if one is a phone. After all, ZTE will be spending R&D costs to make a phone regardless of CSX. Just spin the cost into the CSX model and treat that as your flagship phone.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,561 mod

​ I entered mostly for fun, and because I believe that with all the mobile tech we have self defense should be a no brainer. That said I think I misread the rules initially, and believed that it wasn't to be a smartphone.I doubt I would have posted a smartphone idea either way, so no harm done CSX is an amazing opportunity for both members, and ZTE to express ideas, and grow. ZTE continues to amaze me.