Weekly Roundup [October 14, 2016] - Austin Fan Event Recap

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to our weekly roundup on Z-Community! Here are this week's highlights:

Hot Topics

Preview of Coming Week(s)

1. Fresh off the heels of our first event in Austin on Wednesday, we are gearing up for our next one - currently slated for early December. If you happen to be free on December 2nd or 9th, keep your calendar blocked off. We plan on flying in a few Ambassadors and active members to join us at this next event! More details to come as soon as we wrap up the Austin event with an analysis of what worked well and what needs improvement for the next one!
  2. There have been some angst about when the next Axon 7 software update will occur. This is a topic that your Mod Squad is constantly engaged in, like white on rice! At this time, we can confirm that the infamous Notification Bell issue will be included in this next build, and we're actively squeezing as many optimizations as possible before this 3rd update gets released!

Photos from Austin!

DSC_2958.JPG

DSC_3181.JPG

DSC_3291.JPG

DSC_2895.JPG

DSC_3383.JPG

DSC_3414.JPG

DSC_3433.JPG

DSC_3428.JPG

DSC_3429.JPG

DSC_3423.JPG

DSC_3440.JPG

DSC_3434.JPG

Comments

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A huge shoutout for our Z-Community Austin crew for making their star appearance!

Hey ​​ - we missed you, but hope the family is doing well with your new addition!

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So much fun coming to hangout with you all, an amazing crew! Thank you!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

A big thank you to everyone that made it out!

We had a great time!

We hope to see even more community members at upcoming meetups in other parts of the country.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

It was really great meeting you. Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to come see us.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

Looked like a lot of fun!  "I'm so jelly,  I'm jam!"  (thats what my 11 year old says)   lol  

• deveshsingh209deveshsingh209 AustinPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for giving me opportunity to Join the event.

It was indeed great fun to hangout with you all and having interesting discussions, sharing knowledge.
    Looking forward to do this more often.

Special thanks to ​ for accepting last minute request for invite.

Cheers!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great roundup as usual and looks like everyone had fun at the hangout! Looking forward for more details about the next one, also hoping to hear more info about CES!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fun it was.  Looking forward to the next.  ;-)

• There have been some angst about when the next Axon 7 software update will occur. This is a topic that your Mod Squad is constantly engaged in, like white on rice! At this time, we can confirm that the infamous Notification Bell issue will be included in this next build, and we're actively squeezing as many optimizations as possible before this 3rd update gets released!

All I needed to hear.

• dr.mdr.m AustinPosts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember that some of us LIKE the bell notification

• Thanks for the updates Peter, I really do enjoy these

Pssssst....... I'm one of them (don't tell anyone)   

• I'm aware and I initially liked it, too, until I realized that I didn't have lock screen audio controls unless I clicked the bell.

I'd like the option to remove it, and that's all I needed to hear.

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

Android 6.0 already has the option to hide lockscreen notification content without the bell. So why would you want to keep it around? Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to understand. Most people I know immediately say "who thought that was a good idea?" when I explain it to them.

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

Thanks for the updates! A lot of us are anxious to learn more about the progress of CyanogenMod, release of factory images for the US model, learn about the updated bootloader unlock process that's coming, and details on the nougat screenshots on Chinese axon 7 released earlier this week. Any comments?

• dr.mdr.m AustinPosts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't disagree with you, necessarily, because it all boils down to personal preference.  I like the bell because I don't like to have my lock screen cluttered with notices, but I do want to be able to see that there are notices, which I can then reveal (by tapping the bell) if I want to, and then hide them (by tapping the bell) if I don't need to go any further. 

The issue is that your personal preference should not override mine (and vice versa).  The compromise is to make optional.

• logix225logix225 United StatesPosts: 112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will this fix the blue tooth issues.. i need people to hear me through my headset.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the mention and I would have been there but....

14707937_10211492144527607_9149450142681135814_o.jpg

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! So precious!!!

Congrats ​ !!! She's so adorable!! Love the name and love that pic!! 

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ She is so Beautiful! Congrats to you and your Family!