[CONTEST] Axon 7 Camera - Manual Mode Challenge

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited States Posts: 1,313 admin

Hello Z-Community - with all of the great tips and tricks that were provided in previous contests, we wanted to dig deeper into a specific subject this time. In particular, this latest contest is all about showing off your "Manual Mode" expertise with the Axon 7. It's unfortunate, but many users never get to unleash the power of manual mode, so we want to make this fear a thing of the past!

Your challenge: simply create a short video explaining a few core workflows and/or features of Manual Mode. Sample topics include low light capture, focus, exposure, zoom, etc. Even if your topic is more advanced, please gear your explanations to the masses, ensuring the average user can follow along and benefit from your tips. The judging will be done by the Core Moderation team of employees.  Have fun, educate a user, and make a difference!  Please read all rules below.

When to Participate:

• Starting today October 19th through 31st

How to participate:

• Submit a 3-minute (or shorter) video created by yourself that teaches users about functions of Camera Manual Mode on the Axon 7
  • You can create more than one video, but the topics of your videos must be different
  • Create your submission in the: forum with the title structure: "[CAMERA MANUAL MODE] Title of your video" and include a link to your video or embed the video in your post (we recommend using a third party site to host your video, such as YouTube or Dropbox)
  • Please reply to this Blog post with a link to your submission (Helps for tracking purposes)

Rules & Prizes:

• This contest is open to any US Registered Z-Community Member, including our Community Ambassadors
  • Your video MUST be about the Axon 7 manual mode and not another device
  • Three (3) finalists will be selected by your Community Core Moderation Team (ZTE employees, who are not eligible to participate). Judging will be based on how easy it is for the average user to follow along and benefit from your submission. First place finalist will receive a $250 gift card, second place $150, and third place $100

Comments

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,181 mod

Great contest!! I am an auto mode shooter kind of guy so I will be one who definitely benefits from this!!! Excited to see these entries!!!  

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Auto Shooting guy here also.... but I do dabble in Manual mode .... here and there.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to everyone that enters the contest! I won't be in this one for sure as I'm mostly an auto mode shooter Looking forward to the entries.

• diamonddavediamonddave Upstate NYPosts: 354 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really want to do this, but I am not sure if I can get the time this week to do a video or 2.  Since you are allowing multiple videos, can you have more than one video choosen for a prize?

• I can only add that I hope this to be a very member-active contest. I'm still vacillating over buying the 7 even though it's the one phone I'm most easily interested in. Reports of mediocre the low-light camera performance put me off, but I find the Nokia 1020 overall too much an ill fit aside from it's class leading camera performance. So good luck to all. I'm counting on you!

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just made my submission. Here is the link:

​, my tutorial is how to get a decent low light photo, but if you are curious about how the Axon 7 photos come out in low lighting, you can skip to the end of the video (if you are interested of course!) to see a comparison on a photo taken with nearly no light in the room and the corresponding photo in manual mode with the changed iso and shutter speed.

Nice!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,890 admin

Thanks for the submission ... nice, simple and effective!

Nice, the first entry so far good job!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,588 mod

​ Awesome job!!!

• kennedy, congrats on the tutorial! I understood your instruction clearly. I also plainly saw the difference in the end results between auto mode and manual mode (seeing is believing in this case). Well done.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great job kennedy0201!!!   Very nice tutorial I love how you explained the function of shutter speed and the iso  as well as pointing out keeping the camera still while waiting the appropriate time to take the photo based on your shutter speed selection.  Very nice!  

Thank you   ! ! Very nice submission.  I definitely gained some knowledge on the manual mode.  Well done  

• Saeedted you've hit it out of the park! nicely done.

Now who's next? Batter up!

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well darn I came across this way too late or else I would have made one. Good luck everybody.

• chui84chui84 Houston,TxPosts: 28

You sure did

Hey Guys!!  I've had so much fun playing around with all of the settings in the manual mode lately I couldn't resist making a video. Here is my submission,  Enjoy

Dropbox - 2016_10_31_01_16_18.mp4

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,313 admin

Hello Everyone.  The contest has come to an end.  We would like to thank everyone who participated.  There were some very educational material in these video.  The core Z-Community team has come together and decided on the winners.  Even if you weren't selected please don't let that stop your from continuing to post and help other community members.  Again, thank to all who entered a submission.

Congratulations to the winners below!!  You will hear from us soon regarding your prize!

1st place of $250 goes to 

2nd place of $150 goes to

3rd place of $100 goes to

Honorable Mention of $50 goes to

Congrats to al the winners! 

​ and

Good job guys!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,588 mod

Congrats to all of you. You all put time, thought and effort into these videos and it shows!

Congrats all!  It was very fun and educational! !  

Thank you all! I'm honored I got 1st place, especially since this was the

first video that I've ever done any sort of editing.

Great job   ! !  I know how hard it was trying to get everything you want to say and discuss in a short 3 minutes,  but you did it very well and provided a great overview in a very short amount of time!  Well deserved 1st place spot!   

Nice job everyone!

I had to make a script then record screen while playing the audio. Whole

process made me realize editing a video is more work than shooting one.

Congrats on getting third place.

• bjhiltbrandbjhiltbrand United StatesPosts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done. I am terrible at editing videos, so I just tried to keep mine under 3 minutes from the start. I was amazed at how fast the time went by, and I had to do multiple takes. Thanks for all the videos (from everyone). Hopefully, I can tweak my camera settings to get better low light shots using these.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all the winners! Well done everyone!

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats winners great work