Unfortunately, stock Andriod has stopped

lisa112lisa112 FloridaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Ok, I just started getting this error. Unfortunately, stock Android has stopped. I haven't installed any new apps on my phone and I know this can happen when an app doesn't "play nice" with your phone. Can anyone help me?

Answers

• onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello...What have you done so far?  Have you done a shut down and then back on?  Have you cleaned the cache. I'm running the stock Android on an Axon 7. What phone are you running and what version are you on?

Thanks,

Matt

• lisa112lisa112 FloridaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Thank you for responding..

I have rebooted the phone, I YouTube's several videos on how to fix the problem. Clear catches, change time zone  not sure why) and the last one said to back up my contacts and I was afraid to do that. I don't want to lose my apps/contacts since I use my phone for business. I do however have everything back up. I have a zte xmax pro phone. I'm not sure what Axon 7 is? Sorry.

• onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI No problem. I had the ZMAX Pro for a long while until recently. I believe there is an update on this phone. Did you look to see if you have one? If you do that, I would remove your micro sd card if you are running one. It's good that you have your contacts backed up. I usually have mine backed up in two places, including what ever service your provider has. If non of that works, I would try *611 for your carrier's support and possibly ZTE. I had a whacked out phone once, I believe my HTC M8. I finally had to do a hard reset and it reloaded my apps and phone lists. No problem after that.

Matt

• lisa112lisa112 FloridaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I will need to see if metro has a back up service. They suck so bad so I doubt they do, lol. I did install the new software about 3 weeks ago. I just noticed that when I switch from one app to another all my apps disappear for 3 seconds then come back up. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to metro and see what's going on. There is now more problems.

Thank you so much for helping me. If you have any ideas on how to fix this other problem I'm all ears...   

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lisa112 Can you tell me what Build that you are on?

• I'm having exact same problen

• I'm having the same issues, about 3 months on this phone. When I went in this week, they were like oh you are eligible for an upgrade soon. No I'm not upgrading a 3 month old phone, I just want it to work right like it has been.

• SteelpenSteelpen Posts: 1 ✭✭

I'm having the same problem on my Max Pro Z981 so far seem like no one knows how to fix this, last upgrade in June 2017 when the window started to pop up unfortunately stock Android has stopped please help

• smokefairy420smokefairy420 Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

I have had this issue for months and finally figured out what the issue was (in my case). The issue is because of an app that is not working correctly with your phone's operating system (Andriod). I have heard that it can be caused by more than one app and some widgets. In my case, it was the Facebook app. My phone does not allow me to uninstall the FB app so here is what I did:

Reset my phone to factory settings and DID NOT restore from backup and set up as new device. This means you will need to install one app at a time. This is how I figured out which app was the problem. When I installed and updated Facebook then the Stock Android errors started up again. You may be able to just do step #2 & #3 and not do a reset first and see if that works.

Do not update the Facebook app or use it on your phone. If your phone auto-updates apps, change this setting in the Playstore settings to not auto-update.

If your Facebook app is already updated, go into Settings/Apps on your phone and find the Facebook app. Click on the hamburger button (3 dots) and select uninstall updates. Then don't use the FB app on your phone. If you can uninstall it, then do that.

For those of you who can't live without Facebook this is a bummer. I rarely use it and can just use FB on another device or PC so I am just happy that my phone is not giving me that error all the time.

Keep in mind that this may not be the only app that causes this problem but from what I have found, the problem is caused by an app or a widget. First try uninstalling your FB app updates then try doing what I did, reset to factory settings, do not reset from backup and instead set up as new device, update and/or install one app at a time while giving some time in between to see if the error starts up again. Once it does, whichever app you most recently installed and/or updated is the culprit. Uninstall that app or uninstall its updates if it is one you are unable to remove from your phone.

Hope this helps everyone.

• zogitizogiti Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

@lisa112 said:
    I will need to see if metro has a back up service. They suck so bad so I doubt they do, lol. I did install the new software about 3 weeks ago. I just noticed that when I switch from one app to another all my apps disappear for 3 seconds then come back up. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to metro and see what's going on. There is now more problems.

Thank you so much for helping me. If you have any ideas on how to fix this other problem I'm all ears...   

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!! Metro PCS is probably the worst phone company I've EVER had... I am having the same issue as you... I'm also missing the front facing camera on the ZTE ZMax Pro from the last update...

• stevefr2stevefr2 Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

I had the same "stock android has stopped working issue" for at least a couple of months. I never wanted to do a factory reset. Amazingly the issue has stopped. It's a miracle. I read that some users thought that the Facebook app was the cause. Maybe Facebook fixed it. Whatever, I am happy. Now I am in the battery hell.

• gannecharicogannecharico ArizonaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones I have no problem with Metro pcs,they fixed the one an only problem for me quick.Again I say I just might be lucky.Asfar as my ZTE Max pro no stock error at all even with the Facebook app installed!lucky I guess

• organonorganon sfPosts: 1 ✭✭

i have been getting that "stock android has stopped" only since the last Android firmware update. Another gift that update keeps on giving is that my zmax pro frequently disconnects from everything, wifi, & my mobile net, all functionality until i reboot it. ive tried switching on & off airplane mode, data on/off hoping to awaken it,, & nada. once it reboots of course lookout alerts me that someone switched on airplane mode & has rebooted my phone.(duh).i tend to judge how i could rely upon my cell if perhaps a serial killer were after me, & with zmp i hope to never have to. Is it possible that Android's evolution is not playing nicely with a device? a form of planned obsolescence? Apples not the only business model practicing it .

• CatScout_CatScout_ Hesperia, CaPosts: 1 ✭✭

I have been having the same issue with Android Stock crashing. I have talked with Metro and they couldn't figure anything out. I don't believe it's Metros fault. I think because I have had so many other issues with the phone not wanting to open, apps constantly crashing, stock Android crashing, and so many other things. It's the phone not Metro. I have done everything I can to try and fix it and nothing has fixed. Honestly it has gotten worse. I feel ZTE should figure out what is going on and either fix the issues or give us our money back.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@CatScout_ said:
    I have been having the same issue with Android Stock crashing. I have talked with Metro and they couldn't figure anything out. I don't believe it's Metros fault. I think because I have had so many other issues with the phone not wanting to open, apps constantly crashing, stock Android crashing, and so many other things. It's the phone not Metro. I have done everything I can to try and fix it and nothing has fixed. Honestly it has gotten worse. I feel ZTE should figure out what is going on and either fix the issues or give us our money back.

Have you tried resetting the device back to factory default settings and setting it up again as a new device?
    If that still fails to cure the issue, then the recourse needs to go to Metro PCS since the device is sold by them.
    When it comes to carrier devices, the carrier controls how the device is sold, released, updated, etc... and ZTE is the contractor who Tmo/Metro hired to engineer the device. Nothing happens without the sayso of Metro PCS.
    So likewise all complaints, returns, exchanges and warranty issues also go through Metro PCS (or whomever any said carrier device is purchased from).

• I have been having the same problem for a while now.

First, it would start with saying no sim card (auto ejecting while my sim is still inside the phone). I would remove it then put it back to get it to work. I had planned on going to metro but never got the chance, as we have been extremely busy. Then it started sharing with the Android Stock has stopped working issue.

I researched and found for many it was facebook, so I uninstalled it.
    Thought it might have fixed it.
    Tried reinstalling so I could stop the auto updates, now it won't even download. Keep getting error code 492

Couldn't capture screenshots due to limited storage. Um.. I got a 32 gig micro sd card and this thing has 64 gigs on its own.

And I've used 15.55 of the 32 g card and 29.80 g of 57.29 g of the phone.

WHAT?

This is crap!

I love this phone but it's starting to tick me off.

I most likely will end up doing a factory reset. If my files ever finish.

What crap update did ZTE do?
    I used to Never have a problem with ZTE.

• You can try by going to the App manager and make sure you can see system apps. Then look for the Stock Android App and clear its cache. Or you can unstack all your application icons manually. Sometimes staking your applications on group create problems as App gets updated. If it work let me know

• AlericaNeshamaAlericaNeshama U.S,Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 27, 2017 2:17PM

Got news about the phone issue. Will be switching to me actual account as I'm trying to close this one.

• Hello everyone,

I just got back from Metro and they told me something that seems none of your people at Metro will tell you.

The system itself is damaged.

Your phone is breaking.

The only options are to use the warranty (if you've had it for under a year) to get an even exchange or upgrade to a whole new phone.

As for the whole SD card issue, the phone's system constantly crashing is the one that caused it.

I did 5 factory resets, didn't work, I've tried everything suggested here, on youtube, etc. Nothing.

Go to google play and your account settings. Turn off auto app updates. That seems to lessen it but it cannot be fixed.

The phone is biting the dust.

Might attempt the exchange but in my opinion, why get the exact same phone that could also have the same problem down the line as it seems the new upgrade might be the issue.

As for me, I think I'm gonna wait and just upgrade to the ZTE Blade.

I hope this helps everyone.

Good luck.

• Jerecrizz81Jerecrizz81 candlerPosts: 1 ✭✭

I have had the some error message and I went to my settings screen from there to the apps up to the 3dots show system down to Android stock data swap dates back to Android stock storage dump cache and the data this should reset you home screen

Hope this helps

JJ

• scotmanscotman Zapata TexasPosts: 1 ✭✭

Facebook it is, for me anyway. Removed it and the problems went with it. Reinstalled Facebook, problem returned immediately. Z981 with metro pcs. Many thanks,😇

• TeresaTeresa East Central PAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

I've had this very same problem for MONTHS AND MONTHS now. I have been all over the net trying to find the problem. I did notice that some apps aggravated the system so the message came up more. I would then delete. Many I cleared cache and system settled down.
    I will tell you this....it destroyed my SIM card. You all may think I'm crazy. No, I'm not. The phone told me sim card wasn't accepted by the phone., I was completely puzzled. Opened and reset the card. Phone no longer accepted or recognized card. I then placed card in computer and the card is destroyed. Thank goodness I backed up to Google.

What a mess
    I will be deleting Facebook and going thru chrome to use it ....what a good idea.

• pasinpaulpasinpaul GeorgiaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017 4:55AM

@lisa112 said:
    Ok, I just started getting this error. Unfortunately, stock Android has stopped. I haven't installed any new apps on my phone and I know this can happen when an app doesn't "play nice" with your phone. Can anyone help me?

I corrected this in my phone by going to apps, then stock Android app. Click on storage and clear it completely. (You will need to reboot your phone after this step) It defaulted my home screens shortcuts setup, but the issue was resolved. Hope this helps.

• sharonsmcdnsharonsmcdn JacksonvillePosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2018 2:02PM

Okay so I had the same problem with my phone. I actually went to MetroPCS and got a new phone thinking it was a problem with the one that I already owned. Unfortunately the same problem happened on the new ZTE Pro Max that I received. I called ZTE and these steps are what I was told to do to remove or to fix the glitch. You'll probably need to write these steps down before you do this on your phone or open this up on another phone or tablet. Go to settings on your phone you can do that by tapping that little flower looking icon in the top right-hand corner once you swipe down from the top of your phone. So once you get to settings you tap on apps, then you tap the three buttons in the top right-hand corner, then you tap show system, then you tap the stock Android button, then permissions. Make sure all 3 things are turned on and green contacts, phone and storage. Then go to storage while still in stock Android and tap clear data, then ok. Once you've done all that you're going to power off your phone. Then you're going to press and hold the volume up button and the power button together. As the device turns on let the power button go while still continuing to hold the volume up button, that will take you to the recovery mode on your phone. Once you reach the recovery mode, you'll know when you do, you're going to press the volume down button until it highlights wipe cache partition then you're going to press the power button once. When the cachet wipe is complete you're going to press the power button once. This will not wipe everything off of your phone. It simply removes the software glitch that is causing you to get the stock Android pop up. I tried all of the other "fixes" prior to this and they worked for about 3 days then the pop up was back. So hopefully this works permanently.

• GaryoursGaryours USAPosts: 2 ✭✭

This Android thing makes me sick, if anythg cannot be done de manufacturers should let us know so we can

• GaryoursGaryours USAPosts: 2 ✭✭

I am sick and tired of this Android problem. I have done factory reset for more than necessary and it keep saying unfortunately Android has stop. Please if there is no solution to this Android issue let me know so I can stop using Android phones.