Revert to Marshmallow

AMRROLAMRROL Posts: 11

Can anyone tell me how to revert to Marshmallow from the Nougat update. Several problems with Nougat, including horrendous battery life to say the least. The last good update that worked well for me was zte B2017G V1.0.0B21 I would love to revert back to it. I can't find anywhere to download it.

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX United StatesPosts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @AMRROL ,
    At this moment there is NO method to roll back from 7.x to 6.x, but your request have been forwarded to R&D for the necessary Marshmallow factory images zip file.

• darkstar64darkstar64 CaliforniaPosts: 14

So, at current, if you are on B25, there is no way to install LineageOS since (as far as I understand it) you have to install Lineage from MM?

edited June 26, 2017 6:48PM

@darkstar64 said:
    So, at current, if you are on B25, there is no way to install LineageOS since (as far as I understand it) you have to install Lineage from MM?

@AMRROL device is the ZTE Axon 7 MINI, not the Original Axon 7.
    in your case you can just follow the steps from my guide here : UNOfficial Unlock Bootloader Method for USA ZTE Axon 7 (A2017U)

@drakenfx said:

@darkstar64 said:

@AMRROL device is the ZTE Axon 7 MINI, not the Original Axon 7.
    in your case you can just follow the steps from my guide here : UNOfficial Unlock Bootloader Method

I've tried but at the part where it says 'Click Here to Download Files' it sends me to a dead link which, no offense and kudos to all your hard work, makes me nervous about following the rest of the instructions

@darkstar64
    Here is the direct link.... Some weird reason the hyperlink isn't working, I need to fix that.

This files are for the A2017U
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=160059

• @drakenfx said:
    @darkstar64
    Here is the direct link.... Some weird reason the hyperlink isn't working, I need to fix that.

Link does not work. Here is the error message that I got

"Can't find it! Seems like that URL doesn't exist. Or at least we can't seem to find it. We've even looked under the seat cushions and zip, nada, nothing."

• @drakenfx said:
    Hi @AMRROL ,
    At this moment there is NO method to roll back from 7.x to 6.x, but your request have been forwarded to R&D for the necessary Marshmallow factory images zip file.

Thank you. My only other alternative is to factory reset, and reload all my applications, but not update again. That leaves me with a pre-marshmallow phone. Yuck

• @drakenfx said:
    @darkstar64

I've tried but at the part where it says 'Click Here to Download Files' it sends me to a dead link which, no offense and kudos to all your hard work, makes me nervous about following the rest of the instructions

The link you sent me still didn't work. Eventually I copied the title of the file into google and it sent me to the right place where I was able to download the files. Unfortunately this led to a whole new set of headaches...god i hate this phone :(

• a2daja2daj Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2017 12:47AM

@drakenfx said:
    @darkstar64

The problem appears to be the forum software encoding the query string parameters on the links, so the & gets encoded into & a m p ; which of course won't work. This might be a side effect of the new community site software and external links.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 7,980 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AMRROL said:

@drakenfx said:
    Hi @AMRROL ,

Thank you. My only other alternative is to factory reset, and reload all my applications, but not update again. That leaves me with a pre-marshmallow phone. Yuck

A factory reset will not bring you back to a previous version. It will just wipe the date of the version you are currently on. You will stay on Nougat even after a factory reset. And for the record the Mini was never on software earlier than Marshmallow.