ZTE Axon 7 mini GPS issue

AlekseyAleksey Posts: 3 ✭✭

This issue happens suddenly and can last from 10 sec to 1 min. Factory reset didn't help. GPS accuracy is "on". All software was updated. Please advise

Comments

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For your location settings, do you have the mode set to "High accuracy"?
    If set to device only, then it will not make use of any of the accelerations.

If set to battery saver, you will get unreliable tracking, and if set to high accuracy, it will be able to use multiple sources to narrow down your location so that it can make better choices about which GPS satellites to use.

The device may also offer the option to enable the qualcomm izat accelerated location option in order to further boost performance. When opening something that uses location services, it should get your location rather quickly, unless you are in a plane where at high speeds it takes longer to get a location, especially if the supporting technologies cannot be used.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,691 mod
    edited June 28, 2017 10:11AM

@Aleksey It looks like you may need to calibrate the compass within Google Maps, I included the link below since its really hard to get the directions explained without the animation from Google

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6145351?hl=en&ref_topic=3093612

• I have the same reported problem on my Axon 7 A2017U. Even though iZat Accelerated Location is on, as well as the high accuracy mode, my device frequently loses track of my location (that's if I'm really lucky to have my position fixed) and can't lock my position, no matter if I'm indoors or outdoors. I've tested and encountered this problem while using any GPS app (Waze, Sygic, Google Maps, GPS Status and Toolbox, GPS Test...). I've sent a few emails to ZTE support, but no answers so far.

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,087 admin

@Nelson said:
    I have the same reported problem on my Axon 7 A2017U. Even though iZat Accelerated Location is on, as well as the high accuracy mode, my device frequently loses track of my location (that's if I'm really lucky to have my position fixed) and can't lock my position, no matter if I'm indoors or outdoors. I've tested and encountered this problem while using any GPS app (Waze, Sygic, Google Maps, GPS Status and Toolbox, GPS Test...). I've sent a few emails to ZTE support, but no answers so far.

It is best to reach customer service through chat or by phone. There are thousands of inquires daily via email and it it's likely the email will take longer than anticipated to get an answer.

edited July 16, 2017 7:59PM

@Nelson said:
    I have the same reported problem on my Axon 7 A2017U. Even though iZat Accelerated Location is on, as well as the high accuracy mode, my device frequently loses track of my location (that's if I'm really lucky to have my position fixed) and can't lock my position, no matter if I'm indoors or outdoors. I've tested and encountered this problem while using any GPS app (Waze, Sygic, Google Maps, GPS Status and Toolbox, GPS Test...). I've sent a few emails to ZTE support, but no answers so far.

Are you using and special cases, e.g., ones with a metal lining for a magnetic mount, or a magnetic mount that will trick the compass into thinking you are going in an entirely different direction than what the GPS detects?

Any case with metal near the top or bottom, will cause issues for some of the radios, as the axon 7 has a number of its antennas stuffed near the speaker areas. Some antennas are on the front, and some are on the back of the device.

• AlekseyAleksey Posts: 3 ✭✭

The problem is still not solved (. I exchanged my ZTE Axon 7 mini within ZTE advanced exchange program. A new phone has the same issue. Furthermore, I tested my friend's ZTE Axon 7 (not mini) - the same! Looks like this is a global problem - not the best GPS transmitter installed

Does that issue happen in the same location or does it seem random, also, are there tall buildings on both sides of you?

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aleksey said:
    The problem is still not solved (. I exchanged my ZTE Axon 7 mini within ZTE advanced exchange program. A new phone has the same issue. Furthermore, I tested my friend's ZTE Axon 7 (not mini) - the same! Looks like this is a global problem - not the best GPS transmitter installed

Did you try any of the suggestions above? This is your first response after your original post.

• AlekseyAleksey Posts: 3 ✭✭

It absolutely random. Does not matter location or buildings. I tried all above suggestions - same issues