Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

How do you utilize your Mobile Device?

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Hello everyone,</p><p>While I was on a trip recently I noticed that I use my mobile device as a balanced tool.</p><p>Meaning I use it for a little bit of business, definitely social, it is my lifeline to my kids, it did act as a paperweight when I forgot to charge it.  I talked a great bit there at the end of my trip as my kids kept calling asking when I would be home and when I took the wrong turn it helped like crazy as a GPS.  Just now I used it as a computer to remote into my server to administrate some items.  ACL's and put out a forest fire as someone had access to something they should not.</p><p></p><p>My point and question I am asking is how do you use your mobile device and please elaborate.  It will be interesting to learn how we each use our smart phones.  </p></body>

How do you utilize your Mobile Device? 29 votes

Business
0% 0 votes
Social
13% 4 votes
As a true Telephone
6% 2 votes
As a paper weight
0% 0 votes
A lifeline
3% 1 vote
A GPS
0% 0 votes
Balanced
62% 18 votes
As a computer
13% 4 votes

Comments

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

My main phone is used for everything.. I spend countless hours on it each day.. I work from home and am on the road quite often to and from clients, so I use it for:

Business: GPS, Calendar, Email, To Do's, Remote Support

Social: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ (These also fall into business as well for my business page)

Computer: Email, Browser, Shopping, Research, Banking

Games: For those times I'm tired of working or socializing

Of course this is just the basics... There's also music, videos, SlingTV, Alarm, Security Cameras, etc...

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is a lot to do on a phone.  However I too do the same.  :-)

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

My normal phone use...

Browsing, Emailing, YouTube, Netflix, Messaging, light calling, check on banking, stocks, navigation, Control Smarthome products such as Thermostat and lights, Google Cast "few shows," ifunny, sometimes use the device for Google VR cardboard, Absolute zero social networking and zero music.

• gigis83gigis83 michiganPosts: 38 ✭✭✭

my phone lacks memory so just used. For shopping apps i live for discounts.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I use my phone mostly for calls,  a few texts here, and there. I have teenaged daughters that don't realize they can actually dial numbers, and then talk. I almost always have my win tablet with me, and prefer to use that for anything beyond calls.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Not any one thing in particular but i use mine as a baby computer in my pocket, music social media, news, text, and the occasional phone call haha

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Like most I use it for a little bit of everything it can do.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I almost never make calls.  I use it for Texting, occasional web searches, a few games, GPS, a little bit social, and a ton of work email . 

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Social media and videos, and a little bit of gaming

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I think I'm with you hiker75, My phone is my "everything" device.  It can do everything and make sure it does. It really is a life line and my direct connection with everything in my life, and....I can watch movies on it. AMAZING!

• dellasterdellaster Pahrump, Nevada, USAPosts: 103

Yep, an "everything device" is a good way to put it. I voted "balanced" because there's no way I could narrow it down to GPS or whatever. Hm, actually "balanced" is also a narrow use for me, in a way: I sometimes use a "bubble level" app when parking my motorhome to balance its level front to back, side to side. I hate having the eggs in my skillet slide over to one side when cooking breakfast, among other things.

Do those bubble level apps really work?? thought it was just a gimmick lol

• dellasterdellaster Pahrump, Nevada, USAPosts: 103

Surprisingly, yes. At least the app I used on my Windows phone really worked.

Good to know, I tried it once but never checked to see if it was accurate.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I voted for as a lifeline, since that essentially is what it is for me. However, I'd also answer balanced for what my general usage is.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

BALANCED
    I use it for many different things like most people. Social networking, project research, talk, text, smart control, etc...
    The smartphone can be an invaluable tool for life in general if you learn how to use it the right way.

This discussion has been closed.