Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What Android Firmware do you have?

<body><p>Just wondering how many people are updated to the latest Android Firmware on their devices. I know a lot of company don't bother with keeping their devices up to date or release their own firmware as fast as google. This is just to see how many people in the android community have access to the latest firmwares for their devices. Its frustrating to see the latest things out there and your device doesn't have access to it. </p></body>

What Android Firmware do you have? 34 votes

Android KitKat (4.4) or below
8% 3 votes
Android Lollipop (5.0)
26% 9 votes
Android Marshmallow (6.0)
64% 22 votes

Comments

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

I have 3 phones.. 2 of them are on 6.  the other one is on 5 (because of storage issues mainly)

• leternalzlleternalzl New YorkPosts: 30

wow seems so like so far we mostly have the newer phones that have access to the newer firmware. Hopefully google can make a way to get updates out to all phones like iOS

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hardware must support the newer firmware. There are configurations out there especially with MediaTek chipsets that do not update drivers for the newer Android versions.

• eminayeminay United StatesPosts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other. Running Android N Preview 3. Native multitasking/split screen is a must on a larger screen device, with a good balance on display scaling.

• leternalzlleternalzl New YorkPosts: 30

lol  I'm actually running android n preview 3. but didnt include it cause I didnt want to assume everyone or a lot of people had nexus phones 

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy Note 3, Lollipop

• Nexus 6p running marshmallow

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,424 admin

ZTE AXON Pro (A1P) Running Marshmallow

• I'm rocking the Moto G 3rd gen running Marshmallow and I like the many features it brings such as Doze. Knowing my phone will kill background tasks when it's in sleep mode is great.

• ericwithcheeseericwithcheese Seattle, WAPosts: 43

The Galaxy phone I had was running 6.0.1, my current ZMAX 2 has 5.1.

• Lolipop on my 2014 moto x.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Zmax Kitkat tho lol, but my asus tablet is lollipop

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been on N Preview since day 1 on my Nexus 6P. I always like to be on the latest and I like to beta test. My hope is that with the light skin ZTE uses they will be able to push updates quicker. Another benefit of having a near stock version of Android on their phone.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Moto X Pure with 6.0

2 x Nexus 5X with 6.0.1

1 x Samsung Galaxy S6 Active with 5.1.1

1 x Motorola Moto G 1st Gen with 5.1.1

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

As far as I know, 6.0.1 is the latest android version.

SlimLP galaxy S advance, 5.1.1

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why that was directed to me.  Did I say something contrary to that?

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have several phones running all different versions of Android, but my daily driver is MM 6.0.1

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I'll check once I get the ZTE Axon 7.

Sorry, my bad.

I didn't notice till now.

• Flashed mine to 6.0.1 as soon as it was available on XDA   . Love it!

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

OnePlus One 6.0.1 Cyanogen OS

LG Optimus G 4.1 (AT&T locked what do you expect?)

This discussion has been closed.