Should ZTE include USB Type-C to MicroUSB adapter accessory?

maulgandhimaulgandhi New Jersey Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>As we all know, ZTE Axon 7 is going to be launch soon in the North American market, and this poll is probably going to help them make a decision whether to include USB Type-C to MicroUSB adapter or not. I hope your vote helps them decide. There are plenty of uses when it comes to micro USB such as OTG, Maybe you have a Qualcomm certified charger in the car and you don't to risk your new phone, by buying some (non-compliant) USB Type-C cable off the internet. </p></body>

Should ZTE include USB Type-C to MicroUSB adapter accessory? 32 votes

Yes :)
84% 27 votes
No :(
15% 5 votes

Comments

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They already are including one, as well as a case, screen protector, earbuds, sim tray eject tool, usb cable, and power adapter.

It all can be seen in this video. ZTE Axon 7 Unboxing and detailed Hands On Test - YouTube

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

On the unboxing video it's included... But we do not know if the retail unit people are buying will actually include all the stuff that the tech reviewers got. I'm hoping that ZTE includes all the things shown in the unboxing videos from those tech reviewers. Would be nice to have the Micro USB to USB-C adapter

While that is true, I don't see them designing different boxes with the appropriate formed areas to each accessory they may or may not include. Why would they spend money for that? If they used the same boxes it would appear things are missing if they left those spots empty. Also, the Chinese market models have come with all of these items as well. I could be wrong, but I just really don't see them doing that.

Could be said about Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7 where some of their phones did not have headphones or some other items when the box is the same...

But I do hope it does come with all the accessories shown in the unboxing videos.

No telling.. I just really don't see them doing that. Especially with "review units". You would think they would issue a disclaimer about it to reviewers to mention to consumers if that were the case. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah... We'll find out soon. Or if ​ can tell us if it includes the Micro USB to USB-C adapter.

• osmosizosmosiz USA - NJPosts: 250

They dont have to but it would be nice if they do. I alrady bought a few from anker on amazon when i got my htc 10. Comes in handy those little adapters.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,371 admin

We will have to C

• Did you know that the Axon 7 will be using USB version 3.0?

That means faster transfer speed and higher amperage for charging!

Did you know the OP3 is STILL using USB version 2!!

The Axon 7 will crush the OP3!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,558 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That decision has already been made. We shall see.

• wizzuhwizzuh 48223Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the forum was coded by the Mifavor group...

• andythemanandytheman United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭
    My online description of the ZTE 2s blade states that you need a micro usb cable to a usb type " C" end. What is that? Will that work for a headphone charge. Right now I'm charging through my laptop's USB port. A regular USB port.
    Does that "C" mean I can't use it with my laptop anymore?
    To charge  my Bluetooth headphones what do I do? Just use a usb to usb micro?
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,959 admin
    For a phone that requires USB Type C, you'll just need a standard USB Type C charge (will come with the phone).

You'll still be able to charge your phone via your laptop with the new charger. The only thing that changes is the end that plugs into the phone (again this new USB Type C charger is included with the phone).

For your bluetooth headphones you'll just continue using the charge you are already using or the one that came with them.
  • rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    in 2016 when the A7 came out yes. But nobody includes them any more. In 2018 I don't think there is a need for a USB C - Micro USB adapter any more.