Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Phone Use

<body><p>What do you use your phone for the majority of the time?  </p></body>

Phone Use 28 votes

Social Media
21% 6 votes
Gaming
7% 2 votes
Streaming (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)
7% 2 votes
Texting/Calling
35% 10 votes
Taking Pictures
3% 1 vote
Other(elaborate below)
25% 7 votes

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,615 mod

Mostly texting, and calling, but I read and other things depending where I am.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A little bit of everything.
    What's odd is that I use it the least as an actual phone, but keeping up with social web stuff, texting,
    alarms, appointments, calendar, a little gaming and media viewing, as well as other things.
    A big part of it is music too when I have the time for personal listening.

• Mostly web browsing for me. Checking through the few blogs and news sites. A whole heap of Reddit too! I hardly ever get phone calls now. Its all text or email

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Mostly text, snapchat, and reading news articles on tech, sports, news, and opinion

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

Pretty much what everyone said.. A little bit of everything.

Games, web browsing and social media are the dominant time wasters.  Text and calls are a close second.  I don't stream much on my phone, screen is too small.

• I feel that, that's the irony of phones these days, a lot of times I don't use it like a phone like you said, but use it a lot for social media, surfing the web, Spotify, texting, and sometimes Netflix.

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

I use it for just about everything. Calendar is probably the most used feature for me.

• lindsayllindsayl Maine, United StatesPosts: 221

I use it mostly for social media, youtube, texting, and picture taking but I of course use other features and components of my phone such as calender, alarm clock, calculator, phone, etc.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

All of the above.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,615 mod

​ you forgot skype, lol just helping.

• lindsayllindsayl Maine, United StatesPosts: 221

Oopsies lol, thank you for reminding me

• shibobyshiboby AppletonPosts: 121

I would say it is a toss up between Messaging/emails and browsing.

• andriadandriad Metro Atlanta, GAPosts: 221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly calling/texting, but the reason I got a Zmax Pro with that huge 6" screen is because I also use it a lot for Kindle, when I'm out of the house.  Kindle on a 4.5" screen (like my last phone!) is like trying to read a novel written on gum wrappers.

Andria

• jtma11024jtma11024 Bluffton, SCPosts: 91 ✭✭

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much everything but a phone.

This discussion has been closed.