Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Where do you think is the best location for a Fingerprint Sensor?

barbosasbarbosas Orlando, FLPosts: 153
<body><p>Do you think the front of the phone, back of the phone or on the side like the Sony Xperia Z5.</p><p></p><p>I personally like the back of the phone but the side seems like a good placement.</p></body>

Where do you think is the best location for a Fingerprint Sensor? 28 votes

Front
25% 7 votes
Back
60% 17 votes
Side
14% 4 votes

Comments

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

I chose the back...

But my vote shouldn't be considered as I have no experience with a finger printer sensor on a phone.  The Axon 7 (when it comes out) will be my first.

So I guess I'll only be able to critically asses the situation then.  So far I have on occasion used the iPhone 6 Plus but I find the phone is too large in the hand (with a case that is) to comfortably place my thumb on the sensor at the bottom.

• I chose in the front

for me is more confortable and I dont need to take the phone, for example if the phone its on the table i cant unlocked using the figerprint sensor

It's a compromise I think.  i don't usually use my phone flat on a table, generally in my hand.  If I need to unlock while it's sitting on a table, I'll just unlock via conventional methods (pin, swipe or other) like an animal!

Lol... Yeah I can see that happening to me

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! I've used the fingerprint scanner on the Samsung GS5, which has the scanner on the front.  Not convenient!  Although my LG G3 did not have a fingerprint scanner at all, the power and volume controls were on the back, which I found to be very comfortable and natural. I'd say having the fingerprint sensor on the side would come in 2nd place. It is a pretty natural position for your fingers.  However, it would still require you to reposition your fingers a bit.

• dasm1078dasm1078 OrlandoPosts: 157

I was thinking the back but the side looks like a good option near the volume rocker

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked the front just because one can always reach it. I mean the back feels more natural but it's annoying when my phone is laying on a table and im forced to pick it up.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like it on my finger.

• scott779scott779 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my gosh... what has become of us when it's too hard for someone to pick up their phone to unlock it... and that by simply touching a sensor on the back with a finger.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just think, if the sensor were built in to my finger I'd never have to touch my phone again.  With the sensor on my finger, "OK Google" voice commands and the eye scrolling of the "hawkeye" phone I can just have my head put in a jar with my finger and operate everything from there.

This discussion has been closed.