Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What's your favorite android UI?

jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145
<body><p>I like ZTE's and stock a lot but I think LG's looks nice too but tbh i hate touchwiz haha.</p></body>

What's your favorite android UI? 32 votes

Stock
75% 24 votes
ZTE
6% 2 votes
Touchwiz (samsung)
3% 1 vote
Sense (HTC)
6% 2 votes
LG
0% 0 votes
Xperia (Sony)
6% 2 votes
Other
3% 1 vote

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Stock UI

Prefer stock due to faster/smoother experience than most skinned UI by manufacturers. I mean, it is nice that there's alternatives, but sometime it can slow down the phone. There is a lot of added benefits and features with certain manufacturer UI though... But most of the time, even with stock UI, you could use widgets or other apps to achieve those features that's provided by a manufacturer.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Fair enough, i like light skins myself but if it is done right a heavier one could be nice too

• Stock all the way baby and if not stock, a very light skin. Not a fan of touch wiz at all but I'm hearing that the new Axon 7 will be close to a stock experience so I hope it's true.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Same here, we can hope haha

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the stock UI. In the past pre Lollipop days I felt the UI needed help. Once they started material design it really became a lot more fluid and better looking. Now it doesn't really need a skin or any help in the looks department. The lighter the skin on Android the better I think. Yet stock Android does leave some to be desired in the way of extra features. Also just personal opinion here but I think LG is way worse than TW especially since Samsung scaled it back and added themes like the material dark theme.

• reoreo North AmericaPosts: 167

Stock all the way.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Stock, though I've heard good things about Xperia's.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Your so right about that there's nothing better than a stock android UI. To me out of all the manufacturers UI's I think Samsung is the worse with loads of bloat wear and to much on top of android's stock UI.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• micahdubosemicahdubose Rock Hill SCPosts: 133

Sony's UI is stock like. Minimalistic, yet has to nice touches to it that have proper functionality and use. No gimmicky feature to me anyway! Otherwise, I don't mind stock. Samsung's new Good Lock feature added to their UI that can be downloaded in their store is a great take on customizing the lock screen and notification bar. So if this is the direction they plan on going, making it part of their UI, I'm all for it. Those who don't want to tinker with such can just leave it alone.

This discussion has been closed.