Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Whats your thoughts on ZTE's MiFavor ? Should ZTE replace it with a completely stock UI?

Comments

• celticchryscelticchrys Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

It is fr far lighter than Touchwiz. Far snappier, too.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Needs some tweaking and some changes need to be made to help improve the user experience.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

No, Get rid of those too! FREEDOM!!!! lol jk, i think the essentials are important.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The MiFlavor UI is definitely different and takes some time getting used to.   I still believe that the reason why people like Android over iPhones is because we have the option to choose.  With that being said I like the Stock UI better than the MiFlavor but one thing that I would like to see on the Stock UI is for small icons and an option to resize the dpi of the screen.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,251 mod

I just don't like the thought of not having an app drawer. Besides that I don't see much difference...but it is a HUGE difference for many

Yes, I'm talking about the Stock UI like Nexus

True, not having an App drawer is a big problem for me..... I just don't like having all the apps on my screens.... even if I can put them in folders.

I agree,  I normally organize a lot of my favorite apps into labeled folders on my home screen but not all.  I then like the option of going into the app drawer and searching for any app and not not just utilizing my homescreen folders...this part of the reason I've never been a fan of IOS.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I see what you did there haha

• qriusqrius CA, USAPosts: 76

A good model to follow about apps is what ASUS does with their apps.  They make great, clean apps that users actually love, but they can be installed by anyone for any phone.  Take a look at this example app of a clock.  I prefer it over the stock google clock:  ASUS Digital Clock & Widget - Android Apps on Google Play

ZTE should do the same.  Don't force the user to have to use their apps, but actually make it so nice that they WANT to use your apps optionally.  Allow an easy uninstall. 

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree ​ the apps shouldnt be forced on us, I would like to be able to choose that apps that work well for me, while others can choose what works for them.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

​ it is, after all, the Android way.

Very true. It is a huge part why many choose Android over an iPhone.

I couldn't agree more.

LOL

• none of the zte software does anything useful, some of the standard settings are missing and android pay doesn't recognise it so doesn't work. yes get rid of it.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

MIUI is a trademark of Xiaomi and it is not a theme only, it is a very heavy customization of Android.

• dennis96411dennis96411 United StatesPosts: 135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the default AOSP material design and animations. I would have liked to see the overall theme of kept intact with a few functionalities added instead of completely replacing the stock apps. Also, the default DPI of 640 is way too large; it's really a waste of screen estate, in my opinion.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also got it a few hours ago

This discussion has been closed.