Would you meet us at CES 2017 (Jan 2 - 4)?

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Our Marketing Team is currently planning for our annual exhibition at next year's CES conference in Las Vegas. In tangent, your Z-Community Team is assessing whether YOU would be interested in meeting us there prior to the conference for a 3-day "Fan Festival" of sorts! Tentative activities include:</p><p></p><ul><li>January 2nd: welcome reception, overview of agenda this week, dinner</li><li>January 3rd: morning focus groups and mini-CSX competition, reverse groups in the afternoon, contest presentations, award ceremony, dinner</li><li>January 4th: group outing, special event for Ambassadors</li></ul><p></p><p>The actual conference begins on the 5th and ends on the 8th. While you're more than welcome to stick around after the proposed Fan Festival, you can decide how long you wish to stay!</p><p></p><p><strong>Decision time</strong>: If ZTE picks up the tab on the pre-event activities mentioned above, would you be interested in joining us? If enough people are interested, we may be able to provide an incentive for a small group of our top members, so please vote now!</p></body>

Would you meet us at CES 2017 (Jan 2 - 4)? 55 votes

YES - I am available and can't wait to go!
30% 17 votes
MAYBE - I can only go if a portion of my travel is covered
34% 19 votes
NO - Either my schedule or budget prevents me from attending
34% 19 votes

Comments

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to say yes to this, but I just can't. Not enough time to get it planned out and get the funds saved up.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like a great idea. I am not sure I can take the time off.

• osmosizosmosiz USA - NJPosts: 250

I'd totally be able to go if met half way or more on travel expenses.

• zeedezeede Posts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only live 180 miles by car from The Strip, so I could definitely do this!

Obviously I wouldn't turn it down if ZTE helped pay for a portion of my hotel room (180 miles is too far to drive back and forth just to sleep each night).

If not, that's okay too!  The wife and I would just pick one day to drive out, in that case.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to try to register for CES.  I hope I can get in.  I had already taken time off from work that week I hope I can register. But if ZTE can make it a sure thing, I am in!  I have the money already for room and flight, but I would like to be able to go to CES as well as this.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I would book my flight in a heartbeat!

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,253 mod

I would absolutely love to attend, their would be a little bit of a discussion with the wife for sure and figuring out airfare and a hotel but definitely a possibility

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So wish i could go to this. I've always wanted to go but ZTE being there would make it even better.  Already have 2 trips planned for next year, Christmas and Spring Break, so doesn't look like I'll be able to do it

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

This is gonna be a great time... I'm gonna be there so you know it will be

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to go It only takes 8 hour to drive, though hotel might be the major issue, but I'm free and available around that time.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I could probably make it with a percentage of financial help. Depends on when ZTE would let us know about same.

• jabird101jabird101 Cleveland, OH, USAPosts: 225 ✭✭✭✭✭

The good thing is I can take the time and I have several good friends who live there and I typically stay with when I am in the area. 

However, it's not that simple.  CES is expensive and semi-exclusive to get into.  $300 daily is not a small cost.  The public can't attend without a sponsor who meets the really mysterious criteria (from what I can tell press of several sorts, but not others, bloggers who have some sort of reputation, employees of those showing and gnomes possibly?).  I work for a large software company in Cleveland, OH.  Even though we have 2000+ employees, we are not the "right kind of company", and I have been denied in years past.  We don't put a booth there since we are enterprise software.  We go to trade shows that meet our market.  Also we don't do hardware.

So, if ZTE wants to sponsor us all, then possibly, but at $300 daily, I can watch the reviews and live feeds online. 

​ if all you say is accurate then I may have to pass on this opportunity as well lol. It definitely sounds like a great experience but that would be pretty costly for a non family trip for my own enjoyment. Hopefully their are people interested in attending that live near by.

• jabird101jabird101 Cleveland, OH, USAPosts: 225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, it got pretty expensive over tha last few years.  When I used to go in the mid 2000's it was $25 a day, which was reasonable.  It wen to $200 in 2012 or 2013 and I read that last year was $300, so that is what I am expecting this year, or possibly more

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Open registration begins next week and we'll monitor the costs for this upcoming conference. There is also the possibility that we can sponsor a small group of members, so we'll evaluate all options to get as many folks to this event as possible!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering how we would get into the event. I may be able to get a day off from work to attend  if we can get into the event.

I have the money to go and time off work already, I just need a guarantee I can get in.  If ZTE can sponsor me...great!  Registration opens September 6th.  Hopefully I can get selected so I can get a hotel room.

jabird101 wrote:However, it's not that simple. CES is expensive and semi-exclusive to get into. $300 daily is not a small cost. 

I think that's why ZTE was talking about the three days before CES starts.  There's no fee to meet up at a hotel or some other public area.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Would love to go.   Vegas and a conference.  I haven't been to one like in a minute.  Of course space, time continuum rules apply.  Lol!

Of course  of course they apply! 

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would go if the $300/day entrance fee were covered by ZTE. Attending CES is definitely something on my bucket list, but the price and requirements to get in have always out it out of reach for me.

I would be ecstatic with the three ZTE days prior to  CES and at least one day of CES. I would probably be overwhelmed with the experience by then anyway 

Registration for CES 2017 kicked off today. Indications are that early registrations are $100 for the entire duration. If similar to last year, fees will increase to $300 after a specific date.

We're still working on details of this event, but for now please vote above if you haven't already!

I just pre registered.  It's under review.  I hope i get in!

Thanks, but I'm not interested in CES itself.  Hotel rates are ludicrous, and I can't take that much time away from the family.

But the pre-CES events you proposed I could swing

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

I'd love to attend CES with ZTE. I've always wanted to attend. As I am a student, I will need at least part of the costs sponsored.

I'm really excited with what ZTE is doing with this community and with the CSX project in general.

do I need to pre register myself or will ZTE handle registrations? If I have to do it, should I put down ZTE as the company? Any other advice on what options I should select?

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I don't think anyone outside this group understands how much I'd love to attend this thing hahaUnfortunaley the student budget prevents such thing

You can register only if you plan on attending CES anyway. Once we finalize our pre-CES activity plans, we'll share our recommendations on registrations, travel, etc. I'm excited about this event and hope that we get a good showing!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

For those that live in or around Las Vegas... Other than the Vegas Strip, can you recommend other areas that are worth visiting?