Welcome to our Beta Lab page.

No Current Recruitment Projects

Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Interested In Beta Testing.... Do This First

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

Complete your profile and get the upper hand. I know I've mentioned it before, but now we're coming down to the wire. Let us know a little about yourself... What devices do you use, even if they aren't from ZTE? What are your hobbies? Are you passionate about tech? What's your dogs' name? Add some pictures of your car, your garden or yourself. We promise we're not creeps, the information is only used to match you up to testing material. We want to make this community a second home for you.

Thanks!

Comments

• eminayeminay United StatesPosts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not much of a personal picture poster so I won't be adding those to my profile. But beta testing has recently become a nice avenue for me to let my desire to use everything in a more productive way. I always want to try out a new gadget or device and help find it a place to solve consumer facing problems with family, people I work with, and others looking to me to solve their technology problems.

I'm at a point where I have more self control in not buying things I (really) don't need, since I end up not using most of those things day to day. This creates extra mental baggage in trying to find purpose for things I don't necessarily need, as I either have a better solution or don't have the problem to begin with. But with testing, I get good spurts of just checking every nook and cranny of a product to try to improve it, whether it's bugs, whether is usability, or whether it's just a product that does not make sense. I provide my input (as an advanced user, from the perspective of novice user, and as someone with experience in development and usability) then return the device and my desire to test is satisfied.

I don't have to buy something just to test it and you get my expert-ish opinion. Win win!

• What's going on everyone?

My name is Spencer and I'm a huge tech geek. I've loved technology for as long as I can remember at this point. I love to read about and watch videos about new devices and services that are being released so I can be as up to date as I possibly can at all times. If I had it my way I would love to have the job as a tech blogger or video content creator.

Other than reading about and discussing new devices I enjoy playing video games, watching movies, Netflix, YouTube, and drinking some craft beers with my good friends. I'm never great at filling these things out but if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'll happily answer them!

Can't wait to get to know folks here and hopefully test some new and awesome devices with you all!

• I wish I had more self control on buying new devices. I keep trying to convince myself everyday that I don't need to buy a new phone! Haha

• zavaleta1zavaleta1 1124 fernway road chattanooga tn 37405Posts: 1

Hi my name is jose zavaleta i live in chattanooga tn i have always like new computers new smartphones new tablets new video games console i will love to have a android tablet like 10 inch that will have 4gb of ram 256gb of memory full usb port with micro sd card , sim card good resolution ,good from and back camara fast charging ,micro usb port . I will love to ZTE make somethins like this

and today is my 10 year anniversary i love my wife and to kids ethan zavaleta 9 year old and evan zavaleta 4 years old

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,253 mod

Hi, I'm Richie K.,

I am a husband and father of four children.   I am a life long enthusiast of technology in all of its forms. I have countless hours logged in researching new technologies and how to adapt them to my family. I have gaming PC's, gaming systems, smartphones, tablets, smart tv's, wifi video security cameras and integrated tech throughout my home.  Everything I watch on Youtube is tech related videos and reviews focused on smartphones.  I am an intermediate computer savvy person who builds custom PC's  and enjoys rooting my older devices and revitalizing them with newer software. I use my smartphone daily send and receive work related materials and also enjoy relaxing moments of entertainment through my personal "everything" device.  My wife is a photographer and although she uses advanced photography equipment she enjoys and appreciates well built smartphones with a great camera and constantly critiques the photos I take with my phones.  I try to make my families life, easier and much more fun by utilizing new technology.  I have automated many aspects of my home and have utilized the technologies I have researched to give my family a better quality of life through the amazing tech world we live in.

• Hi, I'm Natalie from Illinois. I have done some beta testing for Microsoft and some for T-mobile. I love the challenge of tweaking out the bugs from new products coming out on the market. If I had to choose a lifestyle I would be on my computer all day including in my sleep. I basically have moved into the internet world including shopping. I rarely leave my house, only for work. My kids are too tech enthusiasts.

• vishu_192vishu_192 Delhi , IndiaPosts: 4

Hey ... Im currently using Meizu Phones since im currently working in there Beta Team .. Overall 2years plus experience as a beta tester .. Would love to test ZTE phones if given a chance  

• I am a System Engineer, so technology is practically my life.

I live in the Kansas City area.

My favorite hobby is reading  up on the latest news in regards to smartphones.

No dog, and no one is interested in seeing the picture of a Honda Civic :-)

I am currently rocking a Samsung Galaxy S6.

This beta tester opportunity sounds kewl.  Sign me up!

• Some of you are posting the information here. I think they want it in your profile too though!

I updated mine and added some things. Hopefully I am a good fit but if not I look forward to reading about everyone's experience with ZTE's new devices.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,424 admin

​  Yes this!!  Please complete you profile completely.  It does make a difference for future activities.

• mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

Is this for people in the US only or from any country?

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is US only since this forum is for US devices I think. I could be wrong...

• mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

Yeah it's a shame; this doesn't exist for people outside the US

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there will be opportunities out there in the future

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Dont worry im sure at some point there will be equivalents elsewhere

• rikkkurdrikkkurd United statesPosts: 318 ✭✭

Hi my name is Rik, I'm an Industrial designer who's tech savvy and loves to prototype.

Usability is one of my daily things I focus on in my job, not only the standard tasks but also out of the box use cases.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

Hi ! Currently Beta Testing will only be available in the US for Z-Community, but that doesn't mean we don't have plans to expand that in the future.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

ZTE conquering the globe

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

Hello Rik, you've come to the right place!

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for the heads-up

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My name is William and I'm an old man when it comes to tech, I mean I was born in the 60's and remember cassette tapes, reel to reels and answering machines that connected to home phones... HOME PHONES!! what the heck!?!?

Seriously though I've been a technofile since I can remember and love to tinker with all sorts of things. My wife and I live on 5 acres with our 21 month old son, expecting our second in October, our dog Felix and whatever other wild animals wander onto our property. My wife and I are both athletic, Ryan was an competitive ice skater when she was younger and one of the acrobatic cheerleaders in college... I know... lucky me! Both of us are now competitive power lifters and recently sold our training company to focus on raising our family. 

Ryan, being younger than me by 12 years uses her phone more for connecting with friends through social media tools like Insta, facebook etc. While I being the head of a manufacturing company use my phone more for email, phone calls (I know silly right) notes and social media as time permits. For both of us, the most important feature of a new phone currently is the camera and it's ability to capture still images and video of our son as he grows and number 2 once they are here.  I mean after all.... he's so stinkin' cute how could you not want a million pictures and videos!!

Thanks for letting me ramble, it's Friday and we are all patiently waiting for the release of this phone so we can find out if it's the one for us.

Best,

William

2014-09-09 13.35.14.jpg

• I did a small edit on my profile info to give it more depth. I did not want to go too personal but I want people to know who I am.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

When will the list of people be notified if they are selected for Beta?

sshasan

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

Hey, William!! Great personal info above! Sounds like you have a great family and will be very busy chasing after that little guy!! Hope to see a lot of cute pics/video taken with your Axon 7 in the near future 

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

Ok I put some of this into my profile, but I'm a 10+ year systems engineer with mobile as one of my sub-specialties. I also with pretty closely with the QA group at work so I'm familiar with testing scenarios and disciplines and really know how to wring out a platform. I can provide both business and casual use-cases for testing.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Richie!

I'm a little bias but yes, yes I do!!

and me too!

Best,

William

lol

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,424 admin

I have updated the post here: with the information you are looking for.

• How will people be notified that they were selected? Through email or on a forum here?