Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Colors You Want Offered in a Smartphone (Excluding the Traditional Gold, Silver, and Dark Gray)

kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>If a smartphone manufacturer were to offer other colors in addition to the standard Gold, Silver, and Dark Gray, which would you want the most? Comment down below about the details about the color you chose; for example if you chose blue, please specify what shade of blue. If you want an option added to the poll, tell me quickly. This will help ZTE to know which "unconventional" colors will be profitable for them to produce. This is a very male dominated forum, so there will be gender bias, since there is a stigma against men liking pink.</p><p></p><p>**Comment down below about the details about the color you chose; for example if you chose blue, please specify what shade of blue.</p></body>

Colors You Want Offered in a Smartphone (Excluding the Traditional Gold, Silver, and Dark Gray) 65 votes

White/Cream
9% 6 votes
Black
47% 31 votes
Pink
3% 2 votes
Blue
20% 13 votes
Red
3% 2 votes
Copper/Amber
16% 11 votes

Comments

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Metallicized Jet Black

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

#ZTE #AXON-7

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

Very nice indeed :)

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Some sort of blue, dark grayish blue maybe.

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

Not an iphone fan but I liked the colour on the yellow 5c they did which was propably the least popular

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

Deep Blue or Red would be cool

• What I think would be nice is to allow the individual to customize their own phone, similar to how Motorola has done with some of theirs (Moto Maker).  I feel this really adds a great touch to customer satisfaction, makes them feel good about their phone, and draws interest toward their products.

• barbosasbarbosas Orlando, FLPosts: 153

Would Rose Gold fall under Pink?

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it would. Just specify that you want pink, but in the "shade" Rose Gold.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Always Black!!!!

Black always looks good on any device.   

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Black

Red

Blue

Gold

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

I would like an emerald green but copper/amber would be nice also.  There was a Sumsung Galaxy S6 that was Asia only that was emerald green and it looked awesome! 

i second emerald green

• calcustomcalcustom Manteca,CAPosts: 4

I like Boring Black.

She who must be obeyed likes Really Red.

"she who must be obeyed"  I have one of those too!! lol

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

Bright red. To date, 0 phones outside of custom stuff or moto maker have ever been made that are bright red. Would really stand out from the crowd a lot more than dark blue or other subtile colors. There's a reason most Ferraris are red.

I would  love ared phone also

• timmyjimotimmyjimo Seattle, WAPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭

One color that I would really like to see would be forest green. Even case manufacturers seem to leave this color out.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Black for that sleek look.

• Maybe some Nokia colors like neon blue or metallic neon green.

• tardisintimetardisintime Leavenworth, KSPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

Blue or the copper choices

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see a green metal like the hawkeye concept had that was awesome. Great textured metal in a green would be my first choice, but since thats not in the poll I say black lol

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I wonder if they're still considering the answers since this poll is 17 months old?

information in the community is always being reviewed and used for future devices and software

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Green!!! My fav color. Nokia had some nice choices with the Lumia line.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why black isn't considered a "traditional" color. Also, I'm not sure the "bias" against pink for phones is based on gender. That's likely true as a general statement, but I don't know many women that want a pink phone. While that's obviously an anecdotal statement I would hazard to guess that would prove true of the larger population as well.

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Metal black would be insane. That's the one thing I disliked about the Axon 7: the light grey. Black brushed metal looks way more premium than anything else in my opinion.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like black, black pulls off a muted looks the best. Other muted colors like silver and even yellow look boring imo. If a color is gonna standout making gaudy like HTC's solar red in the U11 or Huawei's green P10.

This discussion has been closed.