I have a oppo find 7a at the moment with 16gb internal storage, at first only 7gb was available for apps, but luckily oppo updated the firmware to make all storage available for apps.
However with large games and apps still eat up my 16 gb.
1. Backup photos and videos automatically in the cloud and delete them on your phone storage
I use google photos to backup all my pictures in the cloud, this means I can access all my pictures and movies from anywhere in the world from multiple devices as long as I have a internet connection
Delete all your pictures and videos in your phone storage regulary. knowing which photo's have already been backed up can be tricky, Luckily google photos has a built in function to do just that!
-open google photos
- go to settings
- go to free up device storage
- Google photos will look for pictures and videos on your device and will check if they are uploaded to the cloud.
- after this you are able to delete the pictures and videos on your phone.
2. Clear out downloads folder.
The great thing of your downloads folder is that all content was downloaded from the web.
which means you can download it again when you need it, so delete it when you are running out of space!
3. delete offline maps in google maps
I use the offline maps functionality quite often when I'm abroad and don't have a data connection, but it does consume quite a lot of storage on your phone.
- go to settings in google maps
- go to offline areas
- click on the area you want to delete
- delete and save hundreds of megabytes!
4. delete apps
Maybe this is the most obvious one but browse through your list of apps and look which apps you do use and delete the ones you don't.
Some pre-installed apps cannot be deleted on certain phones, but if you do not use this app you are able to un-install all updates of that app. This safes already quite some space on your phone, if you then also clear all the data that app stored and disable the app it will keep it's minimal size. By disabling the app you prevent the auto update functionality of the play store to automatically install the deleted updates again and increasing the storage space needed for this unnecessary app.
- go to android settings
- choose the "All" tab
- browse through the apps
- in this order:
- click "clear data"
- click "uninstall updates"
- click "disable"
repeat for every app
I used my oppo find 7a to create the screenshots it might look slightly different on your device.
Hope to soon have my axon 7 to create ZTE themed screenshots