Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

How do you access Z-Community ?

musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Im sure most of you know about the Jive app that can be used to access Z-Community, do you use ? Whats you thoughts on it ? Do you use mobile web to access the Z-Community ? Or for you is it something you save for desk top? If there was a Z-Community App would you download it ? If so what would you like to see in the app ?</p></body>

How do you access Z-Community ? 12 votes

Ive used the Jive App, I like the app it works well
0% 0 votes
Ive used the Jive App, It works not so well
0% 0 votes
I use my mobile browser
25% 3 votes
Prefer only desktop
41% 5 votes
It varies I use multiple different platforms
25% 3 votes
Other
8% 1 vote

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly desktop; sometime mobile on the go but not so great experience.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it because the mobile experience isnt as good as the desktop ? Whats your thoughts ?

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't always work properly. Sometime the threads are flat and

sometimes not. Mobile doesn't have all the options. The Jive app is just

horrible. Probably one of the more disappointing platforms I've seen.

jimlloyd40 wrote:Whom are you asking? 

Just asking in General to people. Trying to get some more information on how users are accessing the forum and what there thoughts are on Z-Community platform options

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I log in from my laptop, and desktop from a normal browser. Tablet and phones I use mobile browser. I have tried to like the jive app, but just can't bring myself to use it on a regular basis.

Do you use the desktop version of the website?

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I'm usually always away from my desktop although I prefer a desktop  the best. It is a lot easier to add pics, video, and interact while trying to search for posts, threads etc. However while on the go I use Chrome browser in mobile mode to quickly interact but when I need to have more functionality and add pics, video etc I "request desktop site" in chrome settings and although more difficult to navigate on a phone at least I have full functionality. I used to love the Jive app in the beginning and it has a lot of promise. It has the ability to start posts and polls and add pic however it rarely works correctly and has a lot of bugs so after many many many weeks of giving it a shot unfortunately I had to shelf the Jive mobile app  .

• g808g808 United StatesPosts: 72 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd use a mobile app if it was quick to find recent activity, post quick comments and photos. The mobile browser is fine, but not as nice as dedicated app. If this was a different forum technology I guess we could use 3rd parry apps like Tapatalk. I haven't tried the Jive app, bit will give it a go. Others seem to think it's not too great so I won't have too high expectations. I would use the desktop for longer posts or adding things like photos since it's easier. However as mentioned a good mobile experience would be great and make active participation easier since I'm mobile a lot.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i choose  " Prefer Only Desktop " and i literary meant that, even when i use my mobile device i go Desktop view, Mobile is just awful .....

P.S. I just wish Z-Community had BBC code enable and different forum format.

So far the majority prefer desktop it sounds like, so may I ask if your on mobile do you prefer to always select display desktop ?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

In.my case on many sites I prefer Desktop view (Z-Community is one of them).... others I like mobile view, screenshots shows my desktop view.

IMG_20161121_210810.jpg

IMG_20161121_210758.jpg

As you can see , this is the only reason why I go for desktop view on my mobile, is way Easier to look/check/reply.

I know I'm using a Custom DPI on Chrome browser 420dpi to be exact, (default is 640dpi) , but that's just me.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.