Sony Xperia X series now up for pre-order...where is our Axon 7?

npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

This is starting to get worrisome...I know Sonys are overpriced, but this is another competitor that has beaten ZTE out of the gate, the first being OnePlus. If I don't see some sort of announcement or press release today I'm going to start getting concerned.

Comments

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Patience is Key! We will get through it all bud.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• osmosizosmosiz USA - NJPosts: 250

No need to get concerned. Each day that passes is a day closer to release date. i know they said mid june but seems like they're still working things out. The phone already passed the FCC in the US so it'll be out soon. Maybe they're stocking up best buy, and Amazon at this point so once july comes,m you can just order it.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sony pricing is just too high for those phones. Not much competition when it comes to pricing against the Axon 7. Sony phones do look great though.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

patience you must have haha

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Sony phones were launched in February at MWC.  Just being released now.  I sure hope ZTE doesn't take that long.  And yes, the prices of those Sony phones!  Yikes!

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Expensive yes but also high quality, not axon 7 quality but high none the less

Oh I agree, high quality, but $699 for the X Performance?  When Samsung is already lowering the prices of S7 models and throwing in free VR gear?  Not worth it to me.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I'm excited for the Axon  7 release too and get very antsy some days. Don't make a decision you will regret later and buy a different phone just because the axon 7 isn't officially released yet! If we all stay patient a little but longer I'm sure we won't regret it!!!

Image result for woosahImage result for deep breathing patience funny cartoonImage result for axon7

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

That's the point that the "high end" flagships shoot for. I understand why

they did it, they consider themselves in the same class as the Galaxy S and

the HTC 10 and such. They're wrong, but that's the reasoning.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Hopefully soon, everyone. Consider too the Sony was announced months earlier than the Axon 7.

Sony has nice phones don't get me wrong but the build the recent products I had from them the build quality hasn't been that great. Especially dealing with the longevity of a product. I love my Xperia Z Tablet but the sides are peeling form normal wear and tear. 

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• tietjetietje Telluride, coPosts: 84

Everyone says be patient and wait for it, but we haven't had any official word that the Axon 7 is coming out anytime soon. for all we know it ill be end of year

True but at the same time, we have to reassure ourselves what ZTE tells us is the truth and we will see the Axon 7 in our hands shortly soon rather later.

There are various tweeter accounts by ZTE in different regions announcing a big announcement in 7 days.

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There isn't anything any of us can do or say that will make them release it any sooner than they plan too.

• Wait a few more days. My guess is, we will know something for sure by the end of the week. Just guessing though, no crystal ball lol. I was a really big fan of the Z series, but their camera was always a deal breaker for me, didn't even have OIS.. Not to mention their overpricing and very slow market availability. Then when they axed the Z series in favor of the new X series, I gave up. I just can't make myself like the X series, didn't they also get rid of the dual front facing speakers?

Man I really wish you had a crystal ball!

• tietjetietje Telluride, coPosts: 84

That is exactly the problem. ZTE has not been telling us anything regarding the release dae

• Hahaha if I did the Axon would be the first thing I looked into! Right after the stock market that is LOL.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Off-topic I know, but I really like your avatar, . The color scheme matches my two favorite colors together, black and an ultramarine/midnight blue style together that when it appears on my computer display is very beautiful. Not to forget the mixture of sky blue on the helmet it just makes the colors pop. I'd really like to see it on an AMOLED. Also, it would help me to determine if the AMOLED is displaying them vividly as I like, or dry, which I don't like. More to the topic though, the Sony X series with its Triluminos LCS display is something I really want to see in person, especially in comparison to an AMOLED. Your avatar would be a good test model for color preference between the two, as I know at least it looks amazing on my Asus laptop/notebook computer which is standard LCD, might even by IPS, though obviously not quantum nor Triluminos. A good AMOLED ought to display it vividly as I've mentioned, and I really want to test this aspect using the Axon 7.

• Hey thanks arysyn! That's a picture of Megaman X I found on deviant art lol. He is known in the video game world sometimes as the blue bomber. I like it for the same reasons. Black and a darker blue together happens to also be my favorite color scheme. Looking at it on my Nexus 6 AMOLED, it does pop pretty nicely. And man I agree, I really wanted to see a good in person comparison between the AMOLED panels, and the Triluminous. My laptop uses an IPS LCD (It has a Wacom digitizer, very color accurate display), but in the settings I have the saturation turned up a bit lol.

• I know the feeling but hopefully it will come out soon. Besides Axon 7 beats OP3