Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Is a lack of Micro SD expandability a deal breaker for you?

1235»

Comments

• techlifetvtechlifetv Canoga Park,CAPosts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the device is at least 128GB then that is fine, but I do like and always prefer SD card functionality not a deal breaker tho.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not having an SD card is a dealbreaker - ask Oneplus - especially if there is no reason for it not to have a micro sd slot. The convenience of simply moving  data from one card to the other is often understated.

• Our phones are expected to be looked at like a mini computer, well my computers haven't had 64gb hard drives in many, many years.

1 gig plus mobile games, music, movies, people wanting VR experiences via their phones.The 1TB cards can't come soon enough

• tabletalker7tabletalker7 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭

With what cell phones cost nowadays and how cheap and easy SD card implementation is - a company offering a flagship without this feature is just looking you in the face and saying "yeah, we know you are stupid, and we know you will give us all your money in your pocket, and to get you to do that all we have to do is wave something shiny in your face".  Anything more that $100 without an sd card slot doesn't deserve your money.

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Totally depends on how much storage the phone has by default. I can use a phone with 32GB or more storage and never even think about using an SD card but would have to have one if the storage were any less.

This discussion has been closed.