Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Which name do you prefer for a ZTE backup & restore app?

yindanyindan Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p><span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', 'Bitstream Vera Sans', 'Liberation Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> </span>WeShare is an app which is built in to our unlocked devices. It provides several functions as stated below.</p><p></p><ol><li>  Switch Phone<span style="font-family: 宋体;">:</span>Users can transfer all their personal data and apps installed on their old phone to a new phone that they are switching to.</li><li>  Share Files: Users can select some personal data or apps to share with others by transferring it to their phone.</li><li>  Backup & Restore<span style="font-family: 宋体;">:</span>Users can back up personal data or apps to an SD card and select to restore the backup file when need.</li></ol><p></p><p>Since many users have expressed their confusion about the name "WeShare". We would like to rename the app. Below are some ideas from our internal team and users. Please choose the name that you prefer the most?</p></body>

Which name do you prefer for a ZTE backup & restore app? 96 votes

Z-Backup
39% 38 votes
Z-Transfer
17% 17 votes
Z-Switch
9% 9 votes
Z-Migrate
8% 8 votes
BackZ
3% 3 votes
Backup Suite
21% 21 votes

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i think Z-Transfer probably fits best for what it does. Maybe we should just let the app just do backup/restore, and transfer data and app between phones. We should just leave out the ability to share data to another phone because it can cause slight confusion. Since for sharing phoneto and videos, we can rely on file explorer or gallery app's share feature to do so.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not really feeling BackZ. the rest of the names feels like a call out to Dragon Ball Z. Backup Suite sounds polished. There is the option of putting the backup option in the settings app where it says backup and use the name Z -transfer for the 1st 2 options.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like the name Z-switch the most but I feel like BackZ is kinda a cool idea.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any of the Z.  Just Z it.  Lol!!

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I picked backup suit, though I would not mind Z-Backup either.

It will at least get users to click on it so they can see the other options it offers, as it does more than just backup. It does backup and migration, though just having backup in the came can work I guess, especially since windows backup also has the easy transfer functionality (though I don't think anyone has ever used it before ).

• markgmmarkgm Plymouth, CTPosts: 25 ✭✭✭✭

A decent backup and restore feature is the only reason left that I like to root my phone.  I'm glad more manufactures are coming out with tools to make getting a new device less painful.  It blows my mind in 2017 that Android doesn't have a native backup similar to Titanium Backup, or allow one to exist without root. 

I picked Z-Backup, but like Backup Suite as well.  I'm assuming users would have to download some component of this for their existing phone, and Backup Suite might be too generic.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm​ going with Z Transfer.

• batman101batman101 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I had to pick one I would have to go with Z-Transfer.  The Z-backup sounds like something Scotty from Star trek would come up with.

I would agree with you.

• How about safelock or safelock Z? And make file sharing and backup and restore encrypted do no other third party software can access it.

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Simple and easy, nothing fancy to me. Backup Suite.

• By everyone please do not buy this zmax pro or any other ZTE product they

have all hardware issues and they are deleting my accounts now.

• marvinsagarmarvinsagar 54304Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

I like Z-transfer sounds more powerful

• I would just like to say those who want a back up and saved on a server that you do not own not your PC then other people can do what they want with it and now today I heard the laws have been changed as to protect users. Then your Crazy. You I mean you your ISP, government just about anyone can do with your info as they please. I've been an operator, then operator programmer programmer maneger consultant from the early 70's on. They called it servers, now the cloud all the same. That was bad but now the change of the laws to protect you. Some idiot will say if you're not doing anything wrong... It's your RT not to be spied on......

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ Hello, well I do understand what your saying, but I also think that at those levels, if they really are needing to spy on me, that even data saved on my computer, or written down in my house for that matter isn't safe. We live in a society where we cry for privacy, while we are documenting every detail of our lives. They don't need me to create a backup and save it to a server for them, everything we do online is stored, already, most things we do within an app is stored away somewhere. Life is to short to worry, so unless they are stealing my identity or emptying my bank, let em spy. They must be more bored than I am

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

P.s WeShare doesnt require a data connection because its not cloud based, it saves the data on the device or an SD card and that is why your not required to download any data or apps when restoring and that is why its much faster to restore the apps than google restore.

• ali.radifali.radif Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭✭

For sure Z-backup

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

maybe "E Z Share Back-up & Restore" Easy as ZTE

• I voted Z-Transfer since 2 functions is about "transfer" data. But what about backup..mmm...I'd prefer something like "Z-DataManager".

But don't forget to put the "Z-", it'd be like a signature for ZTE's apps .

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I voted Z-Backup, but I don't really thing the name matters if is an improvement over existing options.

Looks like is going to be the winner of the poll.

• dosloverdoslover Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

I like the sound of Z-Backup best but "Backup Suite" I think better represents what it can do (backup/transfer/share) so I ultimately voted for Backup Suite.

Maybe Z-Backup Suite? 

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

Thanks for voting everyone!

The polls are now closed!

This discussion has been closed.