Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

How Big is Too Big For a Phone?

2»

Comments

• dr.mdr.m AustinPosts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭

Biased poll -- choices infers even largest option is too big. 

I have a 6" phone and I don't think it is too big.  True -- it is too big to put in your pocket, but I use a holster. so pocket is irrelevant. 

In fact, though I bought two Axon 7's for my daughters, I likely won't buy one for myself or wife -- because we are now addicted to the 6" size, and don't wan't to downsize to the 5.5" screen

• That's how I felt when I went from a 5.5" to a 5". I hated it. Even though it is only a. 5" difference I could tell the difference. I couldn't go  smaller than 5.5

• A phone is too big when it's impossible to hold it comfortably in one hand and reach all parts of the screen with your thumb.

My new Axon 7 is just a little bit of a stretch for me at 5.5".

6" would be a strain to use for any length of time, and anything beyond that would be impossible to use one-handed.

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

5.7" like in my Xiaomi Mi Note LTE seems ideal to me and is very close outside height and width dimensions to Axon 7 with 5.5" display. It is thinner and 3D contoured back is more comfortable to hold and lighter in hand than Axon 7....so still cannot part with it even though I like the ZTE also.

Future removing of bottom bezel and having more "infinite screen" as one manufacturer

refers to this easily will give phone up to 90% screen and around 6 inch of usable screen real estate in devices the size of 5.2-5.5"....still easy and comfortable in hand. 

Once you go big...it hard to go back to smaller screen. Never will buy any phone having smaller than

5 1/2" screen.

• freddiezfreddiez Posts: 74 ✭✭✭✭

Right! Huawei mate 9 is downright compact and sports 5.9" display. I'm ready for 6.3 or larger screen.

Let's get crackin' on that

This discussion has been closed.