Bits And Bytes (week of 11/6)

12346»

Comments

• Oh and allowing us to root and unroot from stock.

• yuxuanwangyuxuanwang Posts: 67 ✭✭✭✭✭

I voted for Cleaner UI and skin, likewise, pure stock Android is faster compared to other skinned or customized Android ROM. I personally do not like heavy on resources third-part application. Also, a faster security patches and updates attracts me more. And a pure stock Android has the fastest inclusion of new features.

• firesilverbladefiresilverblade Hanahan, south carolinaPosts: 19

I voted for longer support for updates and security  patches.

• kakerollkakeroll Vancouver, BCPosts: 3

I chose cleaner UI because to me the I/UX of aphone is very important. I mean, ur looking at the display not the hardware (although hardware is also important.

• mellomello Cincinnat, OHPosts: 2

I voted for better ROM dev support. This phone seems very popular among power-users. With the Nexus line gone, this phone is going to be competing with OnePlus 3(T) for being known as the "dev phone".

This is literally the easiest thing on the list for ZTE to do. You just need to make a bootloader unlock easier and provide no punishments for doing so.

If you just let it happen, we will take care of the rest.

Everything else on that list will come after you start embracing your Android enthusiasts rather than punishing us.

• batman101batman101 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely stock for all around performance and optimization. 

• I really want a ui that is as bright as Samsung and have good wallpapers and a theme engine. although I like stock android I dont think that the ui is vibrant enough if zte could make something that is a cross between stock and touchwiz without the ram intensity and no bloatware then they would be onto something I could get along with I also think they should do updates for up to five year even if they charge for the upgrade after two years and have sum usable tweaks like video on any screen and double tap to wake and a good dac for sound most people use there phone for media I also think that if zte used a docking station that would allow people to use there phone as laptop then they could take alot of customers from other phone providers. I like the ZTE Axon 7 but the camera is a little subpar stock app and photo processing.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

+1

• ZTE Max pro

• dosloverdoslover Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

Ultimately better performance, which I feel is partly due to less bloatware

Longer support and frequent updates at least every few months or so for bugs and security patches.  I need to know before I purchase a phone that manufacturers will support a device with regular updates.  I could care less how nice or stock UI is, if you release a phone then do nothing with it.  I feel that's the main reason people bought the Nexus line and now Pixel phones.  Reason one is you get monthly security patches and bug fixes period. Two you always know without a doubt your getting the latest big Android update rather it's Nougat or Android O, Oreo , Oatmeal whatever you want to call it.

I'm good with to year's.  Unless it's a super good phone I'm usually on to the next one by then.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same.  Historically the my desire to upgrade every two years has been driven by the big leaps in performance gains as mobile technology has matured, but since the death of the removal battery that will likely be the primary driver going forward.  Plus, I like cool new stuff.