Home button stopped working!

mg-70mg-70 Mid-AtlanticPosts: 1

To my surprise, the home button stopped working. This shouldn't be happening on a phone that's only three or four months old, and not abused or even over used. What can I do to fix this, other than installing a home button app, which is what various youtubers consider a fix?

Right now, I'm thinking maybe I should've gone with Motorola...

Any help is appreciated

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A few things you can try if you haven't already:

-Power Cycle The Device

-Clear The Storage Cache

-Factory Reset (Last Resort)

• klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

It happened with me once and Power cycle corrected it, like sshasan said

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If what sshasan says does not work thsn call ZTE customer service for help and possible replacement.

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I should have added that I'm sure that Motorola has had the same thing happen.

I guess it would depend on what model you're referring to, my G5 Plus has been absolutely flawless. Most other Motorola's are on screen buttons so i would think it would never fail.

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@twinturboz said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I should have added that I'm sure that Motorola has had the same thing happen.

I guess it would depend on what model you're referring to, my G5 Plus has been absolutely flawless. Most other Motorola's are on screen buttons so i would think it would never fail.

I'm referring to any model from any manufacturer.

Ive had tons of phones, i personally haven't had one fail yet but i know of plenty of iPhone owners who had power buttons and home buttons fail on their iPhones lol, even my old iPhone 4s is still ticking away perfectly.