Axon 7 Lock Screen Private Notifications

troymv505troymv505 Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

I reset my Axon 7 trying to resolve a fingersprint scanner issue (which didn't fix it btw) but now I'm having an issue with Lock Screen notifications being private. Contents of the notifications on the lock screen are hidden. In the notifications settings there is a toggle for "Content Sensitive" which I thought was what I should turn on or off to see the notification content on the lock screen. However the option is greyed out for all apps and I don't see a way to enable the toggle so I can turn off/on to test. Is there another way to turn on or off content in lock screen notificatoins? I've also tried the three dots selection within notifications and selected "Always display detail..." it does nothing. It shouldn't be this complicated...

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,586 admin

@troymv505 On your lock screen are you seeing a bell in the upper left-hand corner?

• troymv505troymv505 Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I see the bell, if I select the bell it just hides the notifications completely. I have notifications showing on the screen but with the "content hidden" message so no detail of the message is shown.

No updates available, I have the latest.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can suggest a workaround, as I use Floatify for notifications and I have disabled any ZTE notifications on the lockscreen bell or no bell, which I hated from the first moment..

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to enable or disable the notification bell, do the following.

1: Go to your android settings menu.
    2: Click on Notifications.
    3: Click on Show on the lock screen.
    4: If set to Notification preferred then it will get rid of the bell and just show your notifications. If set to Wallpaper preferred, then it will display the notification bell.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod
    edited June 29, 2017 10:42AM

@troymv505 so in the notification settings click the dots and then go to an app you want to see on the lock screen, click the app and it will bring up the notification settings for the app [you can also long press the notification from the status bar] in the settings you want to make sure the display notification is on and the show on lock screen it should look like the picture attached.

Thanks for the tips, I have "Notifications prefered" already turned on and also I have display notifications turned on. The problem isn't getting a notification it is the notifications I get all say "content hidden" and I can't find a way to turn that to allow showing private information. The phone prompted me upon initial setup and I incorrectly chose to hide private notification details and now I'm unable to find a setting to change it.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @troymv505, look at the picture posted by @musicdjm and you can see that there is a toggle called "content sensitive". You need to make sure that toggle is off and then it will no longer hide the sensitive contents. You would have to do this for each app that you would want to show contents on the lockscreen.

I installed Floatify to give that a try as I'm finding the right configuration of the notification settings to be a complete waste of time on the Axon 7.

You would think you can go into notification settings and just say "allow content" or something along those lines. I find the whole setup very odd once you choose to hide the content turning it back on is a PITA.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@troymv505 said:
    You would think you can go into notification settings and just say "allow content" or something along those lines. I find the whole setup very odd once you choose to hide the content turning it back on is a PITA.

thanks for the feedback. The way the notification is done is to give users the maximum control over what they want to see on their lockscreen and drop-down menu.

If you go into Settings-->Apps-->and tap on the three dots on the upper right corner, you would have the option to reset app preference. This will reset all app setting and its notification setting which often has the content sensitive option turned off.

The content sensitive setting was off for every app that I checked but it still wasn't showing the information.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of lock screen, where are all the wall papers? The locker wont load any new images. Can't seem to load new ones even after saying its refreshed

• rjt378rjt378 ChicagoPosts: 63 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2017 12:37AM

@troymv505 said:
    The content sensitive setting was off for every app that I checked but it still wasn't showing the information.

It is my understanding that they never allowed us to have anything other than "content hidden" as they see it as a security issue. I remember reading that many months ago. Whatever the case, if the 3 dot menu actually holds the key to doing it, I've never been able to figure it out. It seems totally backwards even if it worked. It feels like how Chinglish (Chinese English) sounds.

Im just waiting until I get bored/brave enough to flash Lineage. I dont have the kind of money where I shouldn't be taking advantage of a warranty but I am quickly becoming annoyed to the point I am either going to Lineage, or seriously thinking of dumping this and buying a significantly less powerful Moto G5 because they still know how to do an OS. The Moto G3 experience was still the best I've ever had. I shouldn't be missing that budget phone when using a flagship. And I only am missing that phone because ZTE is yet another phone maker that won't get out of their own way by simply letting Google do the work for them. Phone makers have exactly zero reason to be doing anything to stock android. And if they do anything, they had better be great, non-intrusive and fully optional features.

And after that last update I can basically watch my battery go down in real time. I also recently moved to an area that is giving the poor antenna on this phone fits. I can access both T-Mobile and At&t and have no signal at all in areas of a city where everyone else has a full signal. It's crazy. The antenna on this phone is utter garbage.

Before my factory reset I had the content displayed. The only way I know of to change it would be to reset again and upon initial setup choose not to hide it. It is almost as if you want to change it you must do a factory reset.

This combined with the fact my fingerprint scanner stopped working (which is why I reset the phone) and not getting a response from an email to support I'm starting to regret buying the Axon 7 for my wife and I as the support stinks. What good is a longer warranty when their support can't help you or in same cases not even respond after 48 hours. A dissapointed customer here.