Compass app for the Quartz

mikeawisemikeawise San FranciscoPosts: 4

Has anybody found an AW compass app which actually works on the Quartz? I have tried two:

1) Compass Level & GPS
2) Super Compass for Wear & Phone

The first one just shows a level and compass azimuth when launched. Neither one moves when the watch moves. It's more or less a static compass and level wallpaper.

Super Compass launches and then yields a "Sensor not found" alert and then displays a static compass rose.

The Quartz has a compass sensor and I would like to be able to use it with a compass app. I'm not interested in a swiss army utility package with a compass being one of many components; I want just a compass app like I have on my phone. This is a key thing for me in a watch and one of the reasons I like my $40 Casio SGW-100B.

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @mikeawise

I double check my Quartz and I do not see that it has a magnetometer, hence it lacks a built in compass. This may explains why that none of the compass app is not working with the wear.

• mikeawisemikeawise San FranciscoPosts: 4

What purpose does the compass sensor serve if a compass can't be used due to a lack of magnetometer?

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mikeawise said:
    What purpose does the compass sensor serve if a compass can't be used due to a lack of magnetometer?

Sorry for a bit of confusion there. The magnetometer is the the compass sensor and because the watch lacks such sensor, it won't work with the compass app. I do not see the official spec sheet on the ZTE site mentioning support for compass (I was reading the info earlier with a software about the magnetometer:)).