My ZTE SPRO 2 is rendered useless as a projector.

rumplesteelrumplesteel Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

It can only be used as a tablet. Can someone tell me why I get the following message? A reminder I only get this message when I use the projector. The battery life cycle limit reached. Please contact after sale service to change a new battery. This projector will shut down in five minutes.My battery works when I use the projector as a tablet only. And where do you get a new battery.? Why would any one want to purchase something that needs to be returned to factory for a battery replacement?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @rumplesteel , it seems like the battery on the unit is dying. The battery on the SPro is not user replaceable as it is sealed inside the unit. I would suggest that you contact the ZTE support directly to have it serviced.

• rumplesteelrumplesteel Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

no, i get the same message but only when I use projector. It will be ok on tablet only,so battery has to be good.

i have contacted support and ZTE DOES NOT SELL BATTERIES. I have mentioned before the battery is working and charging, I just get that close down in 5 min message only when using projector.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rumplesteel , are you able to use the projector with the power cable connected?

I am not sure if the projector lamp inside the projector has its own battery and it is possible that it's the lamp's battery may have issue. Also, powering the projector lamp is going to draw more power than the screen on the unit, so that may also help to explain why you can still use the it as a tablet with the integrated screen. How long would you able to use it as "tablet" with the battery?

Let me tag our resident expert on the SPro @ironbaybeedoll and see if she has any idea.

First of all thanks for your response. I am not aware of the led lamp having a battery. To answer your question, my battery charges and continues to work normally when I am using tablet only. Strange huh?

I just turned on my ZTE projector using the electrical chord and I still get the message when using projector bulb.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod
    edited July 28, 2017 1:03PM

@rumplesteel Good Afternoon. I have just read through the posts here, The issue is most likely the fan, it needs to spin up to 5400rpms to cool the lamp and when that doesn't happen the device will error and shut down to protect itself. Usually there are other warnings along the way such as dropping the lumens down from 200 to 100. At this point I would check all vents, and try compressed air to clean out any dust accumulation or even vacuum the vents. Also I would check to see if you are within warranty. In my experience when any device reaches the point where it is no loner functioning due to a heat issue, it is usually time to start looking for a new device.

Thank you for your help. It is not a good product when your bulb out lives the battery and have to purchase a new product every year.

@rumplesteel The issue is caused by over-heating. There usually are a few warnings and signs before it comes to this error, such as lowering the lumens. The Spro2 is in a sense protecting itself from further heat exposure, which could be a far worse scenario. If the internal fan is not able to cool internal temps down to safe operating temps, it fail safes and prevents usage. How old is your device? Did you have other warnings(errors) leading up to this? How is this device used, a movie or two at a time, or left on netflix for 8-9 hours? Does it sit on the back of a couch, or on a tripod?

I used it every day for a few hours daily. After about two months, I started getting the message. Bulb light still has several thousand hours left. The battery is fine and it runs down and charges normally.

@rumplesteel Good Evening. If the device is still within warranty I would contact customer care ZTE support The device does not have any user serviceable parts.