Just received the Zmax Pro B21 update, anyone know whats new?

Its relatively small, I'm thinking security patches. Cant find anything new, no badge icon for receiving missed texts/calls (I.e. that little red icon counter on the app). After viewing security patch level it does show for August 2017. Anything else thats new I cant tell.

Comments

• AV1AV1 Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭

I just received a software update for my ZMAX Pro, it is now 0B21. Any idea what changes were made in this update.

• ahmadaamer6ahmadaamer6 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please have the changelog for the new B21 update? I am soo happy that ZTE has not forgotten about us ZMAX Pro users. Thank you!

• there are badge icons for google messenges app now.

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

New security patch? You check the software info in About?

A 20mb security patch taking 45 min to install is a bit much. I'm on B14 TMobile. August security patch.

Nothing new that I can find from a 20mb security update. B14 Tmobile.

• Ive noticed my phones is faster and doesnt lag

• vrmcbeighvrmcbeigh Dallas, TXPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭

T-Mobile's B14 just came out this morning. Does anyone have a changelog for that or know if it's analogous to B21 on Metro?

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Lets go a head and tag @sshasan and see what information he can get on this update for us.

@vrmcbeigh said:
    T-Mobile's B14 just came out this morning. Does anyone have a changelog for that or know if it's analogous to B21 on Metro?

Same thing different build numbers.

• vrmcbeighvrmcbeigh Dallas, TXPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭

@snn5 said:

@vrmcbeigh said:

Mercy buckets. I'm noticing that the phone isn't quite as laggy or hot as it was before the update.

@vrmcbeigh said:

@snn5 said:

@vrmcbeigh said:

Mercy buckets. I'm noticing that the phone isn't quite as laggy or hot as it was before the update.

Placebo effect. A security patch doesn't speed things up. Unless there was RAM management code in the update its the same as it ever was.

• jbar2016jbar2016 RIPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just installed the b21 update as well, having issues finding a change log, but like others have stated the phone is running smoother with much less lag. I do not think it's placebo as the phone I have sprung many issues after the b20 update and has to be rebooted multiple times a day, since I just updated a few hours ago I cannot say it fixed any other issues like the keyboard issues, audio issues, wifi issues, or 4g lte issues only time will tell.
    I will wait the update out but I nearly trashed this zte for a different phone because of shotty software

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2017 8:58PM

I've been saying it for a while now but this update is a security patch and that is all. There is no whiz bang fix it all update included with it.

• I also just installed the update and I'm not sure if it's just mind over matter but my phone seems alot faster, it has been laggy for the past couple weeks and I was about to do a factory reset after I kept getting the stock Android crash message, but since the update it seems fine

@jimlloyd40 said:

@mark62 said:
    I also just installed the update and I'm not sure if it's just mind over matter but my phone seems alot faster, it has been laggy for the past couple weeks and I was about to do a factory reset after I kept getting the stock Android crash message, but since the update it seems fine

When you notice your phone getting laggy @mark62 clear the cache in the storage settings and close recent apps.

Shouldn't need to clear cache often. There's plenty of space for those KBs and MBs. I'd clear here and there but always after an update. Not the size of the data but rather the type of info in the cached data.

• @qtech2016 said:
    there are badge icons for google messenges app now.

Which ones?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@mark62 said:
    I also just installed the update and I'm not sure if it's just mind over matter but my phone seems alot faster, it has been laggy for the past couple weeks and I was about to do a factory reset after I kept getting the stock Android crash message, but since the update it seems fine

When you notice your phone getting laggy @mark62 clear the cache in the storage settings and close recent apps.

Shouldn't need to clear cache often. There's plenty of space for those KBs and MBs. I'd clear here and there but always after an update. Not the size of the data but rather the type of info in the cached data.

I always wipe the cache partition in recovery after an update. We'll have to agree to disagree about the system cache. Where I work people are always coming to me and complain that their phone is sluggish or laggy and I'll look at the cache in the storage settings and they've got over a GB of cache built up. Clear it and their phone isn't laggy anymore.

I have to be honest that I have never heard of people cleaning their cache as often as what is suggested by the ZTE community. LG does not have a recovery option to clear cache. The app cache is the all inclusive cache. And of course on my iPhone there's no such thing because it is not needed.

You have to remember that each time you clear the app cache that the system has to rebuild those files and folders. A lot of times this leads to redownloads and reinstallation's to bring apps current.

But you are right. ZTE phones especially the low tier phones do seem to need a lot of regular maintenance as it comes to old app data. They do tend to slow down completely and in short amounts of time. So I agree with you there you are exactly correct.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@mark62 said:

I always wipe the cache partition in recovery after an update. We'll have to agree to disagree about the system cache. Where I work people are always coming to me and complain that their phone is sluggish or laggy and I'll look at the cache in the storage settings and they've got over a GB of cache built up. Clear it and their phone isn't laggy anymore.

I have to be honest that I have never heard of people cleaning their cache as often as what is suggested by the ZTE community. LG does not have a recovery option to clear cache. The app cache is the all inclusive cache. And of course on my iPhone there's no such thing because it is not needed.

You have to remember that each time you clear the app cache that the system has to rebuild those files and folders. A lot of times this leads to redownloads and reinstallation's to bring apps current.

But you are right. ZTE phones especially the low tier phones do seem to need a lot of regular maintenance as it comes to old app data. They do tend to slow down completely and in short amounts of time. So I agree with you there you are exactly correct.

LG must have a way to get to the recovery screen. That's not something that they can override. Sometimes it's the volume down button and the power button instead of the volume up button and power button.

I know the lg G4 and Stylo 3 Plus do not. There is a recovery mode for USB to pc use if you use flash tools. There is no black blue and yellow text lines like traditional recovery menu screens. All of that is handled in Settings-storage-app cache. Not all bootloaders and pre system boot menus are the same.

• ztepro53206ztepro53206 Milwaukee, WIPosts: 1 ✭✭

Waiting for an update to firmware adding USB hosting... Anyone have any info on that?

• Tcgardner1982Tcgardner1982 TcgardnerPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AV1 said:
    I just received a software update for my ZMAX Pro, it is now 0B21. Any idea what changes were made in this update.

One thing I've noticed for sure is the uppercase key on the keyboard is all black when used for all uppercase and a black outlined arrow when in lowercase. Also seems snappier on the fingerprint sensor and everything seems s little sharper and quicker! IMO anyways!

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@snn5 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@mark62 said:

LG must have a way to get to the recovery screen. That's not something that they can override. Sometimes it's the volume down button and the power button instead of the volume up button and power button.

I know the lg G4 and Stylo 3 Plus do not. There is a recovery mode for USB to pc use if you use flash tools. There is no black blue and yellow text lines like traditional recovery menu screens. All of that is handled in Settings-storage-app cache. Not all bootloaders and pre system boot menus are the same.

I'll take your word for it. I haven't owned an LG phone before but the upcoming V30 looks spectacular except for the single bottom firing speaker.

Yes the V30 is a T-Mobile game changer. It's mostly important for band 71. Later phones will be more important as spectrum turns on. I wonder how long till the prepaid types get 600mhz capable phones.