Brand new user, couple questions.

PVarck31PVarck31 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭
edited August 18, 2017 6:04PM in Blade X MAX

Just got the phone today. Went into Cricket to switch from Sprint and was gonna get the Idol 4, but saw this and it seemed like a great value for the money with all the features it has.

Basically my question is, is there a way to get Google Assistant on this phone? And do you guys think I made a good purchase? Anything I should do right away or cool features I need to know about?

Thanks!

I also can't get my screen sleep setting over 15 seconds. I went to the security settings and there is no screen sleep setting in there. I really need my phone to stay awake for more than 15 seconds. This is annoying me to no end. Only issue I am having at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

@PVarck31 Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. I don't have this specific device, but do have a few android device, with a couple being ZTE devices. Under settings have you gone to the Display setting, rather than Security as this is where I am seeing the screen sleep settings. Your question about Google Assistant, I'm not sure which feature your specifically needing, but on most devices I believe pressing, and holding t he home button will pull up Google Assistant, or the settings to enable if you haven't already. Should you have further questions, please give a shout.

• PVarck31PVarck31 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    @PVarck31 Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. I don't have this specific device, but do have a few android device, with a couple being ZTE devices. Under settings have you gone to the Display setting, rather than Security as this is where I am seeing the screen sleep settings. Your question about Google Assistant, I'm not sure which feature your specifically needing, but on most devices I believe pressing, and holding t he home button will pull up Google Assistant, or the settings to enable if you haven't already. Should you have further questions, please give a shout.

Thank you for writing back. When I go to that setting in display settings it only gives me the option for 15 seconds.

And I was able to get Google Assistant by joining google's beta program.

I really like the phone, It's beautiful. At this point the only issue for me is that it runs a little sluggish here and there, but that's to be expected for a mid to low level phone, so I'm cool with it. Got it $130 so can't complain too much.

I'm also having trouble typing, but that is probably normal since I'm coming over from iOS and just need to get used to it.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For the price, you cannot beat the Blade X Max. It has a great screen, battery, and latest android version.

As for your question about screen time, it should be there. Tap Setting-->Display-->Sleep. Here you should have teh option to select more than 15 seconds.

You should not have to join any beta program but probably just agreed on Google Assistant to use it.

As for the keyboard, you can always download a different one to use. With Android, you can choose third party keyboard that fits your need. Personally, I like Gboard from google, but you can download others from the playstore.

I know coming from iOS to Android does take a little bit adjustment. I hope you are finding everything you need and your new phone. Any questions, just hit us up and we will try our best to help out.

• PVarck31PVarck31 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    For the price, you cannot beat the Blade X Max. It has a great screen, battery, and latest android version.

As for your question about screen time, it should be there. Tap Setting-->Display-->Sleep. Here you should have teh option to select more than 15 seconds.

You should not have to join any beta program but probably just agreed on Google Assistant to use it.

As for the keyboard, you can always download a different one to use. With Android, you can choose third party keyboard that fits your need. Personally, I like Gboard from google, but you can download others from the playstore.

I know coming from iOS to Android does take a little bit adjustment. I hope you are finding everything you need and your new phone. Any questions, just hit us up and we will try our best to help out.

Thank you. For some weird reason when I go to sleep on display settings it only shows 15 seconds. But I downloaded an app that you can change screen sleep times and that worked perfectly. I almost forgot that you can pretty much do anything on android haha.