ZMAX XL THE SAME AS ZMAX PRO

jimmyjimmy Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭

So we all know we want to root this phone that's not gonna happen yea a nod gonna come along and say it's the carrier contact that's why we can have bootloader unlock blah blah. But the ZMAX XL is literally the same thing as the ZMAX pro screen ram soc gpu the only difference is it has 7.0 and you know what the ZMAX pro doesn't have 7.0 you make a new phone with the latest software but can't even fix the issues with this one that has been complaint about for months​ I can't even count how many times I've complained about the multi touch issues ffs https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/04/25/zte-announces-its-latest-budget-friendly-smartphone-the-max-xl/?utm_source=dlvr…

Comments

• The MAX XL, not ZMAX, is meant for Boost Mobile. Just because they released a new phone for a different carrier it doesn't mean they're abandoning the ZMAX Pro. Also, the MAX XL has a different SOC and therefore a different GPU (Snapdragon 435 + Adreno 505 vs Snapdragon 617 + Adreno 406) so it's wrong to say it's exactly the same phone. Not to mention the bigger battery and less storage. I'm not saying I don't want ZTE to focus more on the ZMAX Pro but you're ranting based on assumptions and spreading inaccurate information.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Carrier requested device from Boost.  ZTE has lots of carrier devices, with similar names.  Don't think that when a new one comes out the others are essentially abandoned from development/updates.

• sagudfoodsagudfood Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

If they can get Nougat running on the latest and greatest Max(edited by sshasan)XXXL Ultra Supreme model, then they could should have already had it running on the Zmax Pro. This is just another cash grab. Can't wait until the complaints come rolling in on this new one, it's gonna be a hoot, LMFAO. (edited by sshasan)

• metalheadmetalhead KentuckyPosts: 17

I know where the bootloader is

• freddiezfreddiez Posts: 74 ✭✭✭✭

It's kind of you to say your sorry he has had a bad experience. I'm not.

From the multitude of trash talk posts to the real reason for his feigned outrage, I feel no sorrow.

Finding a workaround to cheat and slither out of an agreement is possible, but not really commendable.

Just makes it less likely for the rest of us to see another similar promotion.

ZTE Zmax Pro on metroPCS, the best smartphone value ever to date.

Still working perfectly after 8 months.

Sorry not sorry (smiley face)

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,481 admin

let's not continue with the language that is being used. Just talk normal.

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who cares? This kind of cycle has been going on ever since the smartphones began. New phones with almost same specs just slightly faster/smaller memory/processor/chipset.

You all are just bitter you can't crack this phone after a year of existence. LOL.

Your choice. Now we play everyday. Have fun!!!

• metalheadmetalhead KentuckyPosts: 17

Do you know what has to be done once the bootloader is unlocked?

Yep, throw it in the garbage and buy a samsung, LG, or Motorola

• KurisuTKurisuT Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I'm sincerely hoping this phone can become rootable sometime in the future, then I would be able to put that massive battery to use Lol. Anyway I've had this phone for about a week now, and I've stumbled upon quite a bit of issues. Playing 720p60fps or higher videos on Youtube , Netflix and "other apps"(just assuming) is a nightmare. There is always this sudden black out in video but not audio all the time which forcing me to downscale the resolution really low. The FHD display was one of the main selling points but what's the point if I can't use it fully. And on rare occasions there are these display glitches that force the screen to inverted colors and sometimes the screen just stops working and only shows washed out colors all over the screen. Luckily these problems were temporary and we're quickly fixed by tuning the phone off and on again. Anyway, just wanted to bring some awareness.

• stevefr2stevefr2 Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

ZTE is adamant about not making this phone rooted. Their policy.

• DMDruDMDru MaynardvillePosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2017 7:03AM

@KurisuT said:
    "....Playing 720p60fps or higher videos on Youtube , Netflix and "other apps"(just assuming) is a nightmare. There is always this sudden black out in video but not audio all the time which forcing me to downscale the resolution really low. The FHD display was one of the main selling points but what's the point if I can't use it fully. And on rare occasions there are these display glitches that force the screen to inverted colors and sometimes the screen just stops working and only shows washed out colors all over the screen...."

I think you may have some app conflicts or something else going on, I watch Netflix constantly, YouTube, as well as a couple of 3rd party Movie apps at the highest resolution rating and never an issue, never even a lag. The inverting colors thing never ever had that happen ever for any reason. I will say that every time i have tried to put a launcher like Nova or Nova Prime on the ZMAX Pro Z981 (v20) I have some kind of issue surface so I have decided to return to just the stock launcher and you know not one issue. I have found that our past experience with phone manufacturers in which we have had to seek out secondary solutions like a new launcher because they have issued the phone with a substandard launcher Samsung is famous for this although until this phone I have always been a tried and true Samsung loyalist always owning the Note series just needing to add a new launcher, and now we have encountered a phone that actually works with the stock UI software that comes pre-loaded and we fall into our old habits and the 1st thing we do is begin downloading the UI apps that we have trusted int he past without giving the phone a chance out of the box.

I have decided from here on out I will give the phone at least six months stock before I begin fiddling with it.