Issue after factory reset - Sorry! Seems we've hit a temporary snag..."

I had my phone replaced under the advanced exchange option, that process went very smoothly. My new phone is set up and working fine with one exception: when I click a link in an email or an app such as "Woot Watcher", the browser begins to load and then I get a message "Sorry! Seems we've hit a temporary snag. please try again later". When I tap OK, a new screen opens asking me to choose a mail provider (screenshot attached). It happens regardless of which email app I use. I've searched for info on this and can't find anything. IF anyone has any help to offer, I 'd appreciate it.

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ntotrr said:
    I had my phone replaced under the advanced exchange option, that process went very smoothly. My new phone is set up and working fine with one exception: when I click a link in an email or an app such as "Woot Watcher", the browser begins to load and then I get a message "Sorry! Seems we've hit a temporary snag. please try again later". When I tap OK, a new screen opens asking me to choose a mail provider (screenshot attached). It happens regardless of which email app I use. I've searched for info on this and can't find anything. IF anyone has any help to offer, I 'd appreciate it.

I see its launching a 3rd party email app, have which app are you using ? Have you gone into your settings and then default apps > then select gmail or the stock email as the default

• ntotrrntotrr Posts: 40 ✭✭✭✭✭

jimlloyd40, my first thought was some kind of rogue app but since I didn't experience this issue before the reset and all my apps were taken from the last backup of my other phone, I didn't think that was the issue. I did have my gmail account setup.

musicdjm, I am using a 3rd party app for my gmail account, Alto. However, I would see the same behavior when using the Gmail app.

I did as suggested and checked to see which email app was set as default - there was no default, it was set to "ask every time". Strange, but I've not had to ever set a default email app before. I set my default app and the problem is solved now.

My thanks to both of you for taking the time to read and respond.