App Storage location question

oklahomahossoklahomahoss Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys. So...I had ZMax Pro for a year, then dropped it, like an idiot, so just bought another one, and also bought a new 64gig SD card for it.

I just realized today that all the apps I reinstalled on the phone are being stored on the phone's internal memory. Obviously I want them to be stored on the SD card instead, so I switched the storage location from phone to SD card.

But I'm not seeing an option to "move to phone", which is odd, because my wife's ZTE Avid Plus DOES have that option. Not sure why hers would have an option my better ZMax Pro does not... But does this mean that I actually have to uninstall the apps, then reinstall them back onto the phone so they'll then be stored onto the SD card?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• oklahomahossoklahomahoss Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@oklahomahoss said:
    Hey guys. So...I had ZMax Pro for a year, then dropped it, like an idiot, so just bought another one, and also bought a new 64gig SD card for it.

I just realized today that all the apps I reinstalled on the phone are being stored on the phone's internal memory. Obviously I want them to be stored on the SD card instead, so I switched the storage location from phone to SD card.

But I'm not seeing an option to "move to phone", which is odd, because my wife's ZTE Avid Plus DOES have that option. Not sure why hers would have an option my better ZMax Pro does not... But does this mean that I actually have to uninstall the apps, then reinstall them back onto the phone so they'll then be stored onto the SD card?

Thanks guys!

Did you use an app to move them to the SD card?

I haven't moved them. I said in the original post, I don't have that option on my phone, which is why I posted the question.

If you're referring to my wife's Avid's ability to "move to card", the answer is no. As I said, it's an option her phone has. And again..that's in regards to the Avid. Not my ZMax Pro.

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2017 6:12PM

You can either install an app. I don't know what app is it but I am pretty sure there's an app for that.

OR format your SD card on your phone and choose internal storage. After that, you will have 64 gb added disk space on your phone. At least that's what I read on the old threads here and online if you did your searching right.

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Zmax Pro has adoptive storage yes.