Device Certification - "Uncertified"

C_U_T_WC_U_T_W Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has, or has had the same problem with their Axon 7 as i ?

When I click on the Google Play Store icon from my home screen and go into settings, I scroll all the way down to where it says 'Device Certification' and notice that the application is recognizing my phone as "Uncertified".

As I read Google's advice on what to do about the issue, I quickly realized that it seemed very essential in more ways than one that the device be certified.

I will add a few screenshots, any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you go into your phone settings, go to the "About phone" section. What is the "Build number" in that section?

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:
    When you go into your phone settings, go to the "About phone" section. What is the "Build number" in that section?

Just curious aren't all builds on a stock Axon 7 certified?

They should be, unless someone obtained a build file from elsewhere that they shouldn't have and installed it on their consumer device.

• C_U_T_WC_U_T_W Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

(would have replied sooner but didn't get any notif.)
    Build # - A2017UV1.1.0B25
    The phone doesn't have any custom roms, i have not attempted to root either, any changes would have come from MiFavor, under "system update" in Settings.

The problem is most likely related to an other more worse off type situation i have recently been trying to deal with, and with only a little knowledge about how things work i'm not exactly possitive on what to do. But an overview of my phone that i saved earlier today should answer any questions that were asked above, and also give a little insight as to what the current status is and what i'm looking at. To me it obviously doesn't look good.

No not a replacement. I bought it brand new from Zte\Amazon on 6/2/17

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If possible, try a factory reset, and set the phone up as a new device. The certification is largely based on the ROM, and if anything causes any of the security mechanisms in the google play store or other services, it will become uncertified as a way of preventing the use of things like android pay.

If the issue still remains, you can try re-flashing the stock ROM.

The factory reset worked, I finally get my notifications straight and end up having issues with my email after the reset haha. Thanks guys.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@C_U_T_W said:
    The factory reset worked, I finally get my notifications straight and end up having issues with my email after the reset haha. Thanks guys.

Thats awesome news great to hear @C_U_T_W

• gweeper64gweeper64 United StatesPosts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2017 12:19PM

I have this same issue with my Axon 7 Mini. I am running the official Nougat release. However, I also participated in the Beta program, so could this be an artifact of that?

That being said, I would have hoped that the 'official' build (B12) should have updated that attribute. I really don't want to have to "factory reset". FWIW, Android Pay works fine so I don't really know that this is affecting anything.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gweeper64 said:
    I have this same issue with my Axon 7 Mini. I am running the official Nougat release. However, I also participated in the Beta program, so could this be an artifact of that?

That being said, I would have hoped that the 'official' build (B12) should have updated that attribute. I really don't want to have to "factory reset". FWIW, Android Pay works fine so I don't really know that this is affecting anything.

The device certification process can sometimes become undone if the google services finds any configuration or software that it does not like.

If you were previously running a number of beta builds, then you may have used a few builds which never had a focus on being certified. If you have had a number of beta builds, sometimes it is better to just factory reset, as ROM updates are not always 100% clean, especially if test builds are involved.

After a ROM update, clearing the app cache, as well as the cache partition is always good, but from an uncertified build, to a certified one, it is often best to do a factory reset.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep it in mind and do a reset when it is convenient sometime. I don't seem to be suffering any ill effects from it at the moment.

• mrmcgreengenesmrmcgreengenes Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭

I've run into this before and clearing cache for Play Store fixed it on a Galaxy S3. Here's a good list of things to try without a factory reset.
    https://www.androidpit.com/google-play-not-working

I got the September software patch this morning for my mini and it now says it is certified again.

@gweeper64 said:
    I got the September software patch this morning for my mini and it now says it is certified again.

We are happy to see that your issue has been resolved. Thanks for letting us know.
    :)