How can we stop the ZTE Zmax from casting to a vizeo tv when it comes into range?

Help our son in laws ZTE Zmax phones keep casting you tube on our Vizeo Theatre tv whenever they are within our WiFi range. Bow can we disconnect them completely from the tv?

Answers

• msteblemsteble AzPosts: 3 ✭✭

He said he has. The phone will even be shut off completely and it still does it.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If the device is literally powered off there is no way it can cast to a TV. The settings in YouTube though are here:
    Open YouTube
    Click on your login Avatar in the upper right corner
    Click settings
    Click Watch on TV
    Check your settings there.

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is weird. Changing your setting on youtube might help. But in my samsung smart TV we also have an option to delete any device we don't want to connect. Pretty sure your TV has that too in settings. It's just a matter of finding his phone and delete it on your TV connection/network setting.

• msteblemsteble AzPosts: 3 ✭✭

Have tried all of the above and tv still acting up. Only occurs when the phone gets within Wi-Fi range. If we turn the wi-fi off it doesn't do it. Step daughter home by her self all day no issues. Husband and I come home with our phones no issues. Son in law doesn't even open the door and tv goes to you tube. Even when phone is shut off tv still goes to you tube. Have unlinked all devices.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I google Vizio TV and it seems like their TV has a companion app called Vizio SmartCast. Maybe you want to check the app setting. Or uninstall the app if you are not going to be using it.