How do I purchase and where can I purchase the ZTE Quartz smartwatch?

djozonedjozone TexasPosts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 12, 2017 3:32AM in Quartz

AT&T customer here!

Looks like my plan of buying the ZTE Quartz smartwatch online has hit a brick wall so I have a few questions regarding purchasing this smartwatch:

1. Since it looks like I won't be able it online(the checkout button is greyed out saying "Add a phone line to check out or call 1-800-T-MOBILE" which looks like I need in order to checkout) Is this ZTE Quartz smartwatch normally sold in T-Mobile brick and mortar stores? Even if it's not, can I still drive over to a T-Mobile store, do the required whatever to enable me to buy the smartwatch(if necessary), buy it and then have them "special" order it and have it shipped to my address?

2. From reading online and trying to purchase online it looks like I have to have(?) a plan in order to purchase this smartwatch. Is this correct? In other words, If drove over to a T-Mobile store and it is something that they normally carry and do have in stock at said particular store(even if it's not and could have it "special" ordered online and have it shipped to me), Since I plan to outright purchase the watch at full retail value at once(same day), could I ask to buy the watch without having to be forced to sign up for and buy a plan to go along with it?

3. If I am forced to purchase a T-Mobile plan to go along with this ZTE Quartz smartwatch, what is the minimum fee for a required plan for this smartwatch and when is the soonest I can terminate the plan from the smartwatch from the time I sign up and buy the plan(I'm not a T-Mobile customer, all my devices are on AT&T) and how would I go about dropping the plan for the smartwatch from T-Mobile when it becomes available to terminate the plan?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Quartz requires a phone line to activate the add on to so you would need to order a phone plan as well to complete the purchase of the device even if you select no contract to buy it out right. I would recommend giving the sales line a call and just telling them that you would like to buy just the watch and see if thats possible

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @djozone , @musicdjm is correct that you would need activate a line. I believe there is one member posted that they are able to get it without the plan but I think that require a lot of work and find the right person.

I do believe you would need 10 a month add on to the wireless plan (for those who are already on T-Mo). I am not sure if you can just get one with only watch plan, so you would have to check them.

Check out the current promos that TMo has right now which essentially brings the watch price down to $48. So you could use the money saved toward your cellular plan.

• djozonedjozone TexasPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 12, 2017 7:22PM

Thanks for the answers, but it still doesn't answer one of my initial questions. Is this smartwatch a regular item they carry in T-Mobile stores(as in setup, activate and buy the plan, buy the watch from within the store and walk home with the smartwatch on the same day) or something I can "special order" while I am at the store(and have shipped to me through the mail) without having to purchase anything else additional than the plan and the smartwatch? I'm asking this because I hate having to deal with anything that has to deal with creating, activating and purchasing something from a mobile carrier over the phone.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@djozone said:
    Thanks for the answers, but it still doesn't answer one of my initial questions. Is this smartwatch a regular item they carry in T-Mobile stores(as in setup, activate and buy the plan, buy the watch from within the store and walk home with the smartwatch on the same day) or something I can "special order" while I am at the store(and have shipped to me through the mail) without having to purchase anything else additional than the plan and the smartwatch? I'm asking this because I hate having to deal with anything that has to deal with creating, activating and purchasing something from a mobile carrier over the phone.

hi, @djozone

This maybe something that we cannot answer since we do not work for T-Mobile and have no control over their inventory and store item availability. I think you can call them to see if they can check if any store near you has it in stock before you make the trip. If not, I am fairly certain that if you go into the store, they will be able to order it for you and have it shipped to you as well (since it's is more or less the same as if you were just ordering it online on your own home computer).